TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I'm finally giving in. Wanted a tw 5 years nowever since I rode my old bosses. Always been looking for 1 cheap enough to justify buying. I live in the city not much trails or off road but have trailer and willing to travel. Found a 97 with 1600 miles that was from the original owner and will take 1100 dollars. Picking it up on New Years Day. he swears its clean as a whistle is there any tips on what I should look for. No leaks etc

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Hi Schmitty,

Welcome to the forum!

If the bike starts easily, runs, shifts, rides and stops well, then load it up and take her home.

If you want to talk him down on the price, look at the condition of the tires, chain and sprockets. Look for bent levers/footpegs, torn handgrips and scratched plastics which would indicate the bike has been dropped and also how hard it was dropped. Check the tank for any rust inside and smell the fuel for evidence of bad gas.

You can't go too wrong with a TW for that price. You've already been waiting far too long . . .

Post pics after you pick it up,

Brian

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really have the worst luck buying bikes on cl. People post stuff thinking it won't sell I guess. Last year I made a deal with a guy on avtx and hee decided to keep it after 3 days back and forth. Now with this tw it almost happened again. He wanted 1500 and I got him
to 1100 then he decided nO he will keep it. So my wife gave me the ok to just give him what he wanted. So at 1400$ I'm a super excited grow man with his first tw200. How do I post pictures now lol

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Congratulations Schmitty!

We all know how you are feeling. If you have the pictures on your computer, just click on the Insert Image icon in the Reply tool bar that looks like a photo of a tree. This will give you a choice of selecting file(s) from your computer. Select the picture that you want and then select Upload File(s) and it should appear in your message. You can then select Go Advanced and double click on the selected picture which will allow you to resize it.

Good luck,

Brian

·
Registered
20,469 Posts
Congragulations and welcome to the wonderfull world of TW ownership. TwailWay is a great bike and this is a great forum. Members offer amazingly helpfull info and suggestions that would be hard to obtain otherwise since we TWers are few and far between. I imagine you are going to be so pleased riding new bike that hopefully you'll soon forget being jerked around on price. Congragulations on what sounds like a wonderfull supporting wife to help you make good decision to get TW. My wife jokes that my TW is my Mistress, only one she'll let me have. I'm fine with that!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Awesome. Congrats on the purchase. I bought mine simply because it was different. It wasn't until years later I realized this forum existed. Anyway I don't say too much but I value these guys knowledge and input on this forum. Have fun.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Phone?
Email the pick to yourself
open and download it to your computer
come here and click on the insert image
20140103_120139_resized.jpg
select file from computer
double click pic
click upload file

1 - 15 of 15 Posts