TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know other people are seeing the attached pics because they are commenting and liking the pics.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Forum software problem. Use go advance button to add pic.

·
Registered
311 Posts
For the few pictures I've posted over the last few months, I've 'gone advanced' and previewed the pics first. I get the attachment error for large file sizes (my phone image size defaults to around 4 Mb). Reducing them to 2-3 Mb seems to help.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This isn't about posting pics. There is no problems there. This is about viewing pics that have been posted by other members. They show up as links. When I click them to view, the forum responds with " invalid attachment".

·
Super Moderator
4,851 Posts
Right, I’ve had a closer look, and the pictures you can’t see (but everyone else can and have commented on) have since been edited by the poster in one case, and posted incorrectly in the other case (invisible to all), and no-ones commented on it

If the poster edits a post, it will now work – if a poster has incorrectly posted a pic, it will continue to show as an invalid attachment

So – the only pics you can’t see now (presuming you’re cleared your cache and cookies), are the ones that have been incorrectly posted in the first place

We’re getting more and more incorrectly posted pics with new members joining every day who have yet to find their way around this site

The obvious solution would be to disable/remove the pic posting link on the “quick reply” tool bar, but despite suggesting to VSAdmin that they get onto this, they seem to be struggling …..

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right, I’ve had a closer look, and the pictures you can’t see (but everyone else can and have commented on) have since been edited by the poster in one case, and posted incorrectly in the other case (invisible to all), and no-ones commented on it

If the poster edits a post, it will now work – if a poster has incorrectly posted a pic, it will continue to show as an invalid attachment

So – the only pics you can’t see now (presuming you’re cleared your cache and cookies), are the ones that have been incorrectly posted in the first place

We’re getting more and more incorrectly posted pics with new members joining every day who have yet to find their way around this site

The obvious solution would be to disable/remove the pic posting link on the “quick reply” tool bar, but despite suggesting to VSAdmin that they get onto this, they seem to be struggling …..
Thank you.

We're working on it. We recently (finally) got permission to do just that. Testing on another site with the same problem and the same software. We almost have it, but disabling ends up disabling half the other functions from Quick Reply.

Kevin
This is good to hear. I normally post pics from Flickr, but having them onsite helps them stay onsite.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I create a text only post then select (post quick reply) exiting. I then edit the same post and upload my pictures. It works for me

Here’s a deer my daughter shot last month in Hawaii

B6438EF4-BEF5-4DB1-A6A2-1684FA43CCC9.jpeg

·
Registered
13,330 Posts
I create a text only post then select (post quick reply) exiting. I then edit the same post and upload my pictures. It works for me

Here’s a deer my daughter shot last month in Hawaii

View attachment 175817
Out of curiosity, have you tried clicking on the go advanced button and upload a picture or just the "upload and edit original" method? Both work for me but it seems this is not the case for everyone. I normally post pictures or upload pictures to google photos and then copy and paste them in any reply window and works but occasionally I'll upload from the computer instead.

Oh, and what animal is that?

·
Registered
19,404 Posts
That appears to be a rather competent and successful young huntress with an Axis deer.
Called a cheetal or chital in it's native India, the Axis deer it is an imported exotic whose numbers due to low hunting pressures are expanding an estimated 20% to 30% anually on the islands of Moloka'i, Lana'i and Maui.
So come bag one and take a few pesky wild pigs too whose rooting disturbs sediment that chokes the corals. Save a reef, kill a pig! These exotics outcompete natives species for natural recourses and are almost as harmful to the ecosystem as humans.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This post is not about posting pics to the forum.

This post is about viewing pics that have been posted that show up as a link that says "attachment". When the link is clicked, it returns an error message, "Invalid Attachment." The issue I, and some others, had was explained clearly in post #7.

http://tw200forum.com/forum/site-help-support/59737-pics=-attachment-invalid-post923529.html#post923529

Thank you all for trying to help out. I really do appreciate all of your efforts. :icon_thumleft:

·
Registered
19,404 Posts
Good point ben2go.

However the other posts that address the cause of "Invalid Attachments" are for the edification of those who might be improperly posting or seek clarification; and thus those comments are an attempt to provide a route to solutions, rather than just an explanation of the problem. In other words many of this forum's postings often try to not only address the O.P's question, but also contain additional information that is directed for the benefit of others who may read these postings not only today but many years into the future.

The proper new technique for picture posting has been explained quite a significant number of times over the last year yet many members still post improperly and thus many posts we see are essentially either " I can't see your picture" or "Why can't others see my pictures?". I think we are all tired of this thus all the attempts to educate the TW herd. Eventual repetition may get the message across to all forum members. No need to follow the instructions in the "Invalid Attachment" window r.e. contacting administrators as they are very aware of the issue and doing what they can given the limitations at hand.

Patience and tolerance are always valued attributes IMHO although there are times I feel like swinging a big stick. :p

Happy Trails!

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Out of curiosity, have you tried clicking on the go advanced button and upload a picture or just the "upload and edit original" method? Both work for me but it seems this is not the case for everyone. I normally post pictures or upload pictures to google photos and then copy and paste them in any reply window and works but occasionally I'll upload from the computer instead.

Oh, and what animal is that?

I haven’t tried the (go advance button) method since the way I’ve been uploading worked. I use an iPhone exclusively to play on the forum and I’m a one finger typer. Lol.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
View attachment 175889

Pretty deer and cute daughter. Congratulations to both of you.

However; it took her two shots. The first one missed and struck the ground in such a way that it caused this:

View attachment 175897

and she is now banned from hunting on the Big Island!!!
I screen shot your post... Lauren got a kick out of it. She wrote “Hahaha that’s Hilarious!!!

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
That appears to be a rather competent and successful young huntress with an Axis deer.
Called a cheetal or chital in it's native India, the Axis deer it is an imported exotic whose numbers due to low hunting pressures are expanding an estimated 20% to 30% anually on the islands of Moloka'i, Lana'i and Maui.
So come bag one and take a few pesky wild pigs too whose rooting disturbs sediment that chokes the corals. Save a reef, kill a pig! These exotics outcompete natives species for natural recourses and are almost as harmful to the ecosystem as humans.
Lauren brought back some meat last year and let me tell you if our whitetail tasted as good as axis deer I would buy a bigger freezer and fill it up. Here’s something you might find interesting, because it’s so hot there the flys are immediately on the meat they use black pepper to keep off.

·
Registered
19,404 Posts
We were talking last night about whether or not Hawaiian game meat like axis venison or boar could be brought back to the mainland or not. We were unsure if USDA inspections, etc make that impossible. This followed a relative taste preference discussion about white tail vs. black tail vs. mule venison as well as the various bush meats one gets served on a fricken' safari. Or is it spelled African?
For some reason our high desert sage brush fed mule have a tasty reputation.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts