TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pics of 5 tw's and a DR350 at our starting point in Ashland, PA.

pic close up and personal of a steel windmill... the photo does not even come close to giving a sense of just how enormous these things are.

Pics of a waterfall (Swatara Falls) in Schuylkill County, one with Chris's TW in front of it.

The five of us rode for about four hours today, mostly desolate farming roads with some trails scattered in... awesome day but a little chillier than I am used to at about 40 degrees F by late afternoon.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey andrewclues,

I'm from Centre county, live near Bellefonte, Pa.

Just wanted to say hello to a neighbor on the forum.

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
1 or two more TW's and you'll be classified as a gang!
Just kidding. Looked like a nice ride. At least your not letting a little cooler temperatures halt your riding season. . .yet!

And of course I can't help but chuckle just a bit on your avatar!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 or two more TW's and you'll be classified as a gang!

Haha you're right... we were actually trying to think of a cool "tough-sounding", TW related gang name for our crew during lunch yesterday. Sadly we couldn't think of anything good.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Nice waterfall. We have those wind turbines all over the place out her. They store the pieces here in Woodland and your right. They are huge!

·
Registered
144 Posts
did you happen to go up to centrailia at all? i went up there in about 2003 with a bunch of 4x4 rangers and had a blast.. i would love to go there now with my tw and a GoPro.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
did you happen to go up to centrailia at all? i went up there in about 2003 with a bunch of 4x4 rangers and had a blast.. i would love to go there now with my tw and a GoPro.
Yes that's where we usually go... me and some of my friends (we all have TW's) have a house up there about 5 miles from Centralia. We're prolly going to go once more before the winter... PM me if you want to go and I can send you a date when it is finalized.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i would love to go but its not exactly close to home and i cant take a vacation right now or i would in a heart beat.

as far as riding around here there aren't that many places to ride unless you know someone with property cause most places are posted.

we usually ride up the Allegheny national forest when we are up our camp

·
Registered
71 Posts
Howdy Andrew,

I currently have a home in CO and MT but was born and raised and met my wife in Schuylkill County many years ago. I also used to trout fish in the swatara Creek. I also spent some time in Ashland at a little restaurant which I can't remember the name of it was just a little hamburger place.

I know there is a lot of good riding back there and wish I could join you and your friends on some of the forest roads and trails.

I also own a BMW F650GS but am definitely becoming addicted to my TW200. Much easier to handle and control in tuff situations and much easier to pick up when it goes down.

Really like hearing about your travels,

Moose

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello Moose... There is a lot of incredible riding here around Ashland, and you're right, the TW200 is so simple, agile and versatile, my Suzuki Bandit 1250 is definitely jealous. Ashland has probably changed a bit since you've been here. There is a hamburger place at the top of the hill called Mae's. I'll bet you have some terrific trails by you, esp. Montana. No?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts