TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the picture posting issue ever going to be resolved? Gets rather tiresome.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That video reminds me of the ride I took with a co-worker a few weeks ago. His first real off road ride, had some difficulties keeping it right side up and got really, really, really, angry!:D

·
Super Moderator
318 Posts
To be more specific, still getting "invalid attachment".
Unfortunately, there could be many reasons for that...not the least of which, and one that we've identified as fairly common, is links to either Photobucket, or hosting sites without HTTPS. Neither of those are things we can do anything about on our end.

Testing direct upload to this forum using Go Advanced>Manage Attachments. Can you see this? (sorry about the Borg joke, Star Trek fans :) )
borg.jpg

Neil

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Unfortunately, there could be many reasons for that...not the least of which, and one that we've identified as fairly common, is links to either Photobucket, or hosting sites without HTTPS. Neither of those are things we can do anything about on our end.

Testing direct upload to this forum using Go Advanced>Manage Attachments. Can you see this? (sorry about the Borg joke, Star Trek fans :) )
View attachment 184010

Neil
Nice meter! Ohm my God that was funny!

Tom

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

View attachment 184010

Neil
Yup, I can see it. No photo bucket or picture hosting, just upload from computer or card from camera. I know about the Go Advanced-Manage Attachments. If I want to respond to a post with a picture, the "Go Advanced" option is not there. So you "Insert Image", then "Post Quick Reply". The "picture" will be a link after you post. Click on link and you get "invalid attachment". Go to "edit post", then the "Go Advance" button shows up. Remove original "pic", then "Go Advance" and attach it that way. What ever happened to the old attach 5 pics at once way that was there not too long ago.It just seems like a lot of 2 steps forward and one step back nonsense to get pics posted on an outdoor oriented forum where pics posting is common.

·
Super Moderator
318 Posts
If I want to respond to a post with a picture, the "Go Advanced" option is not there. So you "Insert Image", then "Post Quick Reply".
That part confuses me. I'm now, and was with the earlier post with pic, using the Quick Reply box, and I definitely have the Go Advanced option there! It's in the same place it always is, below and to the right of the post box. That's exactly how I posted the multimeter pic above. This reply, including the pic I'm about to attach, was done from the Quick Reply box, then clicking on the Go Advanced button.

IMG_0003_NEW.jpg

Neil

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I see it, I was always using the "Attachment" button that was above the text area. Didn't see the Advanced button in the lower right, and was getting the terms confused. Thanks for the clarification.....and your patience! Computer skills is not in my core group of skills.:D

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It might be a good idea to remove the "Insert Image" button, it doesn't work properly and it confuses the easily confused, (such as myself) and those new to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
318 Posts
It might be a good idea to remove the "Insert Image" button, it doesn't work properly and it confuses the easily confused, (such as myself) and those new to the forum.
Not sure the software allows that. All we have for now is getting the word out to everyone to use Go Advanced until we hear otherwise from the Tech Team. Sorry about that. ;)

Neil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts