TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of a ride I did yesterday with my future son-in-law - Adam. He took me on what was perhaps the hardest ride I've done - shouldn't that tell me something! [grin] Just click on any picture and you'll be able to page through them. If you click on "view pictures" you'll have to be a member of Facebook. -Jeff

Follow this link to pics and text

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Cool. I had no idea what was down that road.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Looks like good riding and nice photos.

Thanks for the sharing.

But, that place is not for me yet... ha ha ha

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Nice photo's. I took it slow when I first starting riding on those types of roads, those roads with big rock's in them that would throw me over the cliff! Have gotten better at riding and don't worry about them anymore unless the grade is real steep, or I when I can't see the bottom off the side of the road. Still get nervous there. That fine dirt or sand when trying to go up sure is a bugger. I too had to turn around once trying to go through similar dirt. Son made it just fine in a big powerful dirt bike, but me and the TW just didn't have enough power.

Looked like your ride was really nice. Thanks for sharing your photo's.

Take Care,

Kris

P.S. Unless someone can tell us what the mechanical thing was (logging or mining), I'll end up spending the better part of the next month trying to figure out what it is!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice photo's. I took it slow when I first starting riding on those types of roads, those roads with big rock's in them that would throw me over the cliff! Have gotten better at riding and don't worry about them anymore unless the grade is real steep, or I when I can't see the bottom off the side of the road. Still get nervous there. That fine dirt or sand when trying to go up sure is a bugger. I too had to turn around once trying to go through similar dirt. Son made it just fine in a big powerful dirt bike, but me and the TW just didn't have enough power.

Looked like your ride was really nice. Thanks for sharing your photo's.

Take Care,

Kris

P.S. Unless someone can tell us what the mechanical thing was (logging or mining), I'll end up spending the better part of the next month trying to figure out what it is!

I hear ya about rocks, sand, etc. etc. I just started re-riding about 3 1/2 years ago. My Lil' Mule fits me perfectly and I must say I'm getting better all the time.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
"Off in the distance". Boy there was lots of 'distance' in every direction. If you do what works best for you, many challenges can still be safely enjoyed. Thanks for the link. Did the TW do much better on that sandy climb? The bikes seem like a good start to a productive relationship. Good luck. Gerry

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Off in the distance". Boy there was lots of 'distance' in every direction. If you do what works best for you, many challenges can still be safely enjoyed. Thanks for the link. Did the TW do much better on that sandy climb? The bikes seem like a good start to a productive relationship. Good luck. Gerry

I took it very slow, especially coming down. Adam just coasted (engine NOT on) but then he is 1/2 my age! [big grin] I have my Mule setup to ride almost anything I encounter. Large Duro rear with 6006 front. I did put extra air in the tires before the ride. I was mostly worried about the "Palms to Pines" highway as it is known to have knuckleheads both on bikes and cages going super fast. Muley and I cruised 35-45mph or so and made it just fine. Had to pull off twice to let faster folks by. It was a great ride - and yes, Adam [future son-in-law, 10/10/10] and I have shared some very fine moments. Mostly with me telling him I can't do it, and he telling me I can OR me telling him, hey, I'm not going to drag your butt out of here so don't do that! [grin]

·
Registered
238 Posts
Great pics. I think there may be a trend here, my son-in-law loves to take me on difficult rides too. He, being 30 years younger, and having been born on a bike, loves to "challenge" me. Of course the difficult riding does help to sharpen my skills and, surprisingly my TW does a pretty darn good job of keep up with his KTM, most times, when I manage to keep it upright.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts