TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I splurged recently and ordered Yamaha fuel lines for my bike. I see no freaking way these fit to the carb or petcock adapters, so I am using some 1/4" tubing I picked up at an Auto Parts store. Why does Yamaha sell this line for our bikes?

I'm sure this has been covered here before but I failed to turn it up in my searching. Apologies in advance!

·
Registered
21,224 Posts
Unfortunately you undoubtedly got the wrong fuel line. You might wish to try 6mm Tygon from local automotive supply. Sometimes needs clamps but is easier to re-move and re-install than 3/16ths Tygon stretched over fittings without clamps. 8723890466_37acfbf4e6_z.jpg

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
i use the tygon also, it's nice stuff. i was told not to use any clamps on it as it is a silicon tubing and any type of clamp will cut into it.
hey Fred, how did you put the bend on the filter?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just a moron - the pink lines were the carb vent lines. Too much coffee or not enough.

·
Registered
21,224 Posts
grewen, I took this photo from an old post from another member who cleverly used a heat gun I believe to bend barbs on the straight inline filer. My bike has a 90 degree filter and black rubbery fuel line that evan gave to me last summer @ Santa Margarita Russ Memorial ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts