TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Float post was broken by P.O. in an attempted rebuild. Carb was then ultrasoniced in some kind of solution that immediately tarnished everything. Then it came to me whereupon it was placed into a bucket of Chem-Dip and forgotten about for over 2 years. Chem-Dip had transformed into a terrifying black substance upon opening.

Free, you pay postage. I'm gonna toss it in the garbage in a few days if no one wants it (why would you want it?)

EDIT: Sorry, I pitched it after a couple days.

Attachments

·
Registered
736 Posts
I got the same color when I took my generator carb to my local shop to get cleaned...they use an ultrasonic too....but it was only like a week

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
Is the float bowl any good? "Possibly good" is good enough. If you still have it PM me. Thanks. Tony

Update: I found one so I don't want this one anymore.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah sorry, I forgot to take the post down, I pitched it after a few days.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
believe it or not that would have brought $75 to $150 on ebay there is always a need for old oem carbs

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
For the tiny space that carb would take up in a parts box you should have held on to it. One mans junk could easily be another mans treasure when he needs some off the wall tiny part that just can't be bought for any dollar amount.

I have found in my many years of aging that shortly after I toss a saved "watch a ma call it" part that I need the dam thing. If I need 4 float bowl screws I can be sure I have only 3! One TW I rebuilt had a completely trashed front fender so I tossed it. I bought a nice replacement one from a member and found that the little cable holder that the speedo cable goes through was missing. That little part was on the fender I tossed.:mad: I have boxes full of stupid little TW parts and can't tell you how many times I have impressed myself by having some tiny part apparently made from that elusive stuff known as "Unobtanium".

GaryL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts