TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!

Moab 2022 March or October?

341 - 360 of 422 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Spring cleaning? ha ha ha It's very nice of you to offer these bro!!
You know how women are said to have a shoe addiction, well I guess I have a tire addiction.
If I don’t like a tire I change it out.
So, too many tires and no place to store them. I have other, but they are getting old, but still in good condition.
Linda also wants them gone.
I almost sold the T7 tires, but when the buyer saw what I had on my T7 he decided he needed better tires.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I think the trials tire is an actual trials competition tire and should be a super soft compound. I will take you up on the offer for this tire unless somebody else really wants to try it on their TW. Otherwise it will end up on a Montesa 315R that I use as a trail bike....Thanks, Bob
Your’s, not the supper soft as it is DOT. I did do some siping to it. It was on my T-Ride and was slipping on some rock faces until I added the sipes, but by then I had order a new tire. I also have a front trials tire if you want it?
I will have another tire with me as a spare for my DT that you may like for the Montesa.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Your’s, not the supper soft as it is DOT. I did do some siping to it. It was on my T-Ride and was slipping on some rock faces until I added the sipes, but by then I had order a new tire. I also have a front trials tire if you want it?
I will have another tire with me as a spare for my DT that you may like for the Montesa.
That would be great on the front tire as my 06 4RT is still sporting the original front tire! Are you bringing the T-Ride to Moab? We will have 2, possibly 3 trials bikes/riders at Moab along with our TWs of course! Not sure what your DT is but I am the blackhole of tire consumption! Thanks again!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Please sign me up as attending from about March 16 thru April 1. There will be at least 4 of us from Southern Oregon. We typically camp at Sands Flats, if we can get a site. Tougher every year! If that fails we will camp at Dalton Wells....

Also, I plan to bring some extra TW parts that I have been storing for too long. Hopefully some people can use some of these parts. maybe we have a free swap meet?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
That would be great on the front tire as my 06 4RT is still sporting the original front tire! Are you bringing the T-Ride to Moab? We will have 2, possibly 3 trials bikes/riders at Moab along with our TWs of course! Not sure what your DT is but I am the blackhole of tire consumption! Thanks again!
Well now you have made my mind up, I will be bring the Scorpa.
Tire Motorcycle Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

front and rear tires are different now on Scorpa

Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle Vehicle

DT200 - street legal 2 stroke

·
Registered
363 Posts
Very cool! I was not aware that DT200 even existed. Looking forward to seeing your T Ride. I have never seen one in the flesh!

·
Super Moderator
20,980 Posts
I thought 2 strokes were no longer allowed on the street??

Reactions: lbxr

·
Super Moderator
20,980 Posts
My brother's KDX 200 is street legal Utah plated
Are there others that can be ridden on the street? I like this idea!!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
The Scorpa is street legal in Europe and I was able to plate it, but it is not fun to ride on the road. The DT was one of the last street legal 2 strokes imported into Canada.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
20,980 Posts
What about in the US? :unsure: I'd like to have a nice 2 stroke I could ride here. I just thought we couldn't have them here anymore.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
All of the old ones that were street legal are still street legal. They are grandfathered into the new laws.
I think that one of the last new street legal 2 strokes were the KE100 Kawasakis. Last sold in about 2001. Largely unchanged since the late 70s. I bought a 1998 KE100 last spring, but it was not my cup of tea, so I sold it after a couple of months.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
20,980 Posts
All of the old ones that were street legal are still street legal. They are grandfathered into the new laws.
I think that one of the last new street legal 2 strokes were the KE100 Kawasakis. Last sold in about 2001. Largely unchanged since the late 70s. I bought a 1998 KE100 last spring, but it was not cup of tea, so I sold it after a couple of months. View attachment 221734
Thank bro!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
What about in the US? :unsure: I'd like to have a nice 2 stroke I could ride here. I just thought we couldn't have them here anymore.
My brother's is a 99 KDX 200. It's not originally street legal but he purchased a universal Tusk kit from RM and got it plated in Utah. Maybe different states have different laws

·
Super Moderator
20,980 Posts
Pat, have you gotten a rough head count yet?

I don't think I'll be there, but I'd like to give a small gift to all who are.

All who attend will receive a TW Lapel Pin made by our forum brother Rhodetrip.

TW Motorcycle Lapel Pin <You can click here to see info about them and also to view the many many many other items made by this wonderful family company.

View attachment 221578
View attachment 221579
View attachment 221580

I'll need a rough head count in time to order them for the event and then I can hand them to someone who may be coming through Spokane or (Admiral) if it's ok, send them to you?
50 Lapel Pins have been ordered and are on the way to Admiral's house today. Have fun everyone!! Guests get one too if they would like one and you don't have to be a TW rider to get one either... Anyone who wants one, ask the Admiral!!

I love you all!!

tommy

·
Super Moderator
20,980 Posts
Thank you Tommy, wish you could join us.
I promise I'll make it to an event one day... ha ha
Right now though, I'm still healing up from the torn off bicep muscle and shoulder rotator cuff surgery. I really wish I could make it but I doubt it this time.

Reactions: BillPacific
341 - 360 of 422 Posts