TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

Moab 2022 March or October?

1061 - 1080 of 1099 Posts

·
Registered
23,057 Posts
Bye for now I guess.
Sky Bedrock Mountain Natural landscape Formation

In the meantime the lazy rivers will continue flowing like giant conveyor belts carrying sediment away while awaiting Hoot & Crew's return come fall. We saved you folks some fun :giggle: .
Gonna do the White Rim Pat? If so pack extra beers, a good smoke & budget enough time to relax a bit down there.

Water Sky Water resources Natural landscape Mountain

Sky Mountain Bedrock Natural landscape Mountainous landforms

·
Super Moderator
15,574 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
The drive was thru Kansas (2x)was completely worth it.
I think they calibrate billiards tables in Kansas. When I drove home through Kansas last summer, I was on a straight stretch of highway with a town about every five miles. Each town had its own grain elevator, and I could usually see only one at a time, but if the road bent just a few feet to one side, I could see up to three elevators in a row.

Low on gas and with lots of dust in the wind, this wayward son started wondering how long till the point of no return, but we carried on through the flat state of Night Ranger Foreigner Kansas, longing for the wild hills and scenery of Nebraska.
Sky Cloud Plant Ecoregion Road surface

·
Registered
93 Posts
Did you see that mountain goat in Long Canyon? I'm sure the goats are everywhere but Long Canyon off Potash Rd. is the only place I've seen them. Hope you had a great time!
We saw the goats near the end of white rim trail as we neared potash road. They did not seem to care much about us after we stopped and watched them for a moment. There were a couple of kids as well.

·
Registered
573 Posts
We saw the goats near the end of white rim trail as we neared potash road. They did not seem to care much about us after we stopped and watched them for a moment. There were a couple of kids as well.
I saw several desert bighorns while riding Potash Road near Shafer campground, just east of the junction with the White Rim Trail, similar area. This was Tuesday, 3/22. I'm pretty sure they learn that the strange monkeys in moving steel boxes can't well climb after them. :)

·
Registered
23,057 Posts
Wow, same general location for a group of desert bighorn ewes I had seen before!
Think they could be put there by the Park, just like those pop-up animatronics they have on the Disney Jungle Cruise?
:giggle:
Water Plant Botany Tree Body of water

Reactions: reddave and TomT

·
Registered
72 Posts
Bye for now I guess.
View attachment 225080

In the meantime the lazy rivers will continue flowing like giant conveyor belts carrying sediment away while awaiting Hoot & Crew's return come fall. We saved you folks some fun :giggle: .
Gonna do the White Rim Pat? If so pack extra beers, a good smoke & budget enough time to relax a bit down there.

View attachment 225081

View attachment 225082
MOAB 2022 riders: Thanks to everyone for such fun times & many great rides! I'll try to post a few pics & look forward to the Moab 2022 fall trip.

BIG SHOUT OUT TO LITTLE TOMMY: I want to thank Admiral for giving me a very special TW pin that Little Tommy had made for us. I especially want to thank Little Tommy for the pin which I really like as it looks like a TW & brings a smile to my face when I wear it. There is a story behind the pin & perhaps Little Tommy would share it with the group.
TomT

·
Registered
23,057 Posts
TomT, you really made my day when we extended a quick "Let's look at the mud" ride into some serious single track ramblings
Here is Tom styling up a rock face I had trouble on. Trials riding practice gives him good form and needed confidence for the single track attack.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motorcycle Tread

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
TomT, you really made my day when we extended a quick "Let's look at the mud" ride into some serious single track ramblings
Here is Tom styling up a rock face I had trouble on. Trials riding practice gives him good form and needed confidence for the single track attack.
View attachment 225142
Wow! I would love to see a VIDEO of that!

·
Registered
23,057 Posts
My computer & video editing software are not playing nicely so no videos until resolved. Have screen shots though.:giggle:

2 seconds later and Tom is on top leaving me looking for something to hang on to...and I was supposed to be the spotter in case Tom needed help...hah, think the spotter needed a spotter on those slippery rocks :giggle:
Sky Tire Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle

Sky World Bedrock Tints and shades Landscape

My apologies, Tom, you remember who else were we rirding with Monday morning? Sgtwareham? He was a great companion on this impromptu ride up an rain smoothed arroyo and into the slick rock.
Sky World Slope Tree Mountainous landforms

Riding on post-rain smooth sheet flow sand like this is a real treat , like leaving the first tracks after a snow fall.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
My computer & video editing software are not playing nicely so no videos until resolved. Have screen shots though.:giggle:

2 seconds later and Tom is on top leaving me looking for something to hang on to...and I was supposed to be the spotter in case Tom needed help...hah, think the spotter needed a spotter on those slippery rocks :giggle:
View attachment 225147
View attachment 225148
My apologies, Tom, you remember who else were we rirding with Monday morning? Sgtwareham? He was a great companion on this impromptu ride up an rain smoothed arroyo and into the slick rock.
View attachment 225149
Yes it was Sgtwareham / Chris. He sent me a link to a video & maybe I can figure a way to post it.

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
23,057 Posts
"Why do Fred’s pictures look the same as mine?" -White Mule
"Why do Thal's pictures look the same as mine?" -Fred
Sky Bedrock Terrain Natural landscape Mountain

We gotta stop meeting like that or people will talk.:giggle:

Actually we had stopped together to suck some scenery before catching up with Pupsocket who was leading the way to salvation. "Cold beer should be that-away"
Sky Mountain Ecoregion Natural environment Helmet

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,080 ·
I think they calibrate billiards tables in Kansas. When I drove home through Kansas last summer, I was on a straight stretch of highway with a town about every five miles. Each town had its own grain elevator, and I could usually see only one at a time, but if the road bent just a few feet to one side, I could see up to three elevators in a row.

Low on gas and with lots of dust in the wind, this wayward son started wondering how long till the point of no return, but we carried on through the flat state of Night Ranger Foreigner Kansas, longing for the wild hills and scenery of Nebraska.
View attachment 225102
I lived in Dodge City back in 1979 and 80...the State Tree is a Telephone Pole...liked it out there but it is a flat stretch of vastness...

1061 - 1080 of 1099 Posts