TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

Moab 2022 March or October?

1081 - 1099 of 1099 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,574 Posts
MOAB 2022 riders: Thanks to everyone for such fun times & many great rides! I'll try to post a few pics & look forward to the Moab 2022 fall trip.

BIG SHOUT OUT TO LITTLE TOMMY: I want to thank Admiral for giving me a very special TW pin that Little Tommy had made for us. I especially want to thank Little Tommy for the pin which I really like as it looks like a TW & brings a smile to my face when I wear it. There is a story behind the pin & perhaps Little Tommy would share it with the group.
TomT
Yes, it was a great time as usual. Just glad Plumbstraight & company, and Appleguy made it home safely. Many of us were pretty worried about them and thankfully all turned out.
Just as Placerlode who gave out Moab Decals for a year or two, and the SanDue's who had made and given out Moab Hats for a couple of years as well, this year it was Littletommy's turn to be gracious enough to hand out a memento for the TW Moab group. As I handed out the TW Pins to this year's attendees, I made sure to mention that the pins were not coming from me but were from Littletommy. If there is anyone I missed giving a pin to, (Moedub's group comes to mind), send me a private message with an address and I'll send you a pin, again courtesy of LT.
Just in case anyone isn't aware, the TW pins were made by TW Forum members the Rhodetrips who have and continue to ride their TWs around the world. The Rhodetrip company for anyone who would want to know is "Jim Clift Designs", (Motorcycle Lapel Pin).

·
Super Moderator
21,798 Posts
MOAB 2022 riders: Thanks to everyone for such fun times & many great rides! I'll try to post a few pics & look forward to the Moab 2022 fall trip.

BIG SHOUT OUT TO LITTLE TOMMY: I want to thank Admiral for giving me a very special TW pin that Little Tommy had made for us. I especially want to thank Little Tommy for the pin which I really like as it looks like a TW & brings a smile to my face when I wear it. There is a story behind the pin & perhaps Little Tommy would share it with the group.
TomT
Thanks for the thank you Brother Tom, I bought them, I didn't make them. They are made by Jim Clift (forum member Rhodetrip) and family. They must have a thousand different ones to choose from. Here's a link to buy a TW pin if you missed out and want one. Motorcycle Lapel Pin – lapelpinplanet

I do have a story about the pin that used to be on my 87 TW though. It was mounted on my Jimbo Shield when I sold it to CJ7Pilot years ago and just recently a package showed up at my house. I hadn't ordered anything that I could think of and had no idea what this package was.

Much to my astonishment, Dear Brother Steve had sent my pin back to me after all these years, but not only that, a handmade darn cool piece of artwork!!

Check this out!!
Kitchen utensil Electric fan Gas Automotive design Machine

My TW Motorcycle Pin!!

Isn't that cool?? It's even in a beautiful little frame to mount on the wall!!

But wait!! There's more!!

A brand new Lizrdbreath Oil Cooler!!

Thanks so much brother Steve, that was way cool and I'll cherish it forever!!

TomT

·
Super Moderator
21,798 Posts
Yes, it was a great time as usual. Just glad Plumbstraight & company, and Appleguy made it home safely. Many of us were pretty worried about them and thankfully all turned out.
Just as Placerlode who gave out Moab Decals for a year or two, and the SanDue's who had made and given out Moab Hats for a couple of years as well, this year it was Littletommy's turn to be gracious enough to hand out a memento for the TW Moab group. As I handed out the TW Pins to this year's attendees, I made sure to mention that the pins were not coming from me but were from Littletommy. If there is anyone I missed giving a pin to, (Moedub's group comes to mind), send me a private message with an address and I'll send you a pin, again courtesy of LT.
Just in case anyone isn't aware, the TW pins were made by TW Forum members the Rhodetrips who have and continue to ride their TWs around the world. The Rhodetrip company for anyone who would want to know is "Jim Clift Designs", (Motorcycle Lapel Pin).
Thank you so much for handing the motorcycle pins out for me Kris. I really appreciate that. I hope everyone enjoys them!!

Do you think you have enough of them left for the fall gathering at Moab?

·
Registered
23,057 Posts
Another good guy on these Moab rides, Oldworld124.
Cloud Plant Sky Plant community Mountain

First rode fun twisty single tack with John a year ago and was surprised to hear he was new to off road riding since he seemed a natural.
Tire Wheel Plant Bicycle Vehicle

We ended up touring some pretty nice country.
Water Water resources Plant Fluvial landforms of streams Biome

Since then have done a few more things together like the Burgdorf/ Salmon River ride with wolves
Plant Water Sky Natural landscape Tree

(and the Admiral)
Tire Water Plant Vehicle Enduro

Just goes to show that you meet the nicest people on a TW, then they take to pretty awesome places. :giggle:
Water Sky Mountain Plant Larch

So why not plan a Moab trip this fall, make & renew friendships? Never know where it might lead to next.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
That LT is something else (y)! Perhaps I'll get to meet him, and you others out West, someday. I'm sure everyone appreciates the TW pins!

Noticed the TW pins seem to have been made utilizing the Clarke XT225 tank. 😁

The Rhodetrips.....do they do a blog re their world traveling? Would love to follow that, if so!

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Thanks for the thank you Brother Tom, I bought them, I didn't make them. They are made by Jim Clift (forum member Rhodetrip) and family. They must have a thousand different ones to choose from. Here's a link to buy a TW pin if you missed out and want one. Motorcycle Lapel Pin – lapelpinplanet

I do have a story about the pin that used to be on my 87 TW though. It was mounted on my Jimbo Shield when I sold it to CJ7Pilot years ago and just recently a package showed up at my house. I hadn't ordered anything that I could think of and had no idea what this package was.

Much to my astonishment, Dear Brother Steve had sent my pin back to me after all these years, but not only that, a handmade darn cool piece of artwork!!

Check this out!! View attachment 225228

My TW Motorcycle Pin!!

Isn't that cool?? It's even in a beautiful little frame to mount on the wall!!

But wait!! There's more!!

A brand new Lizrdbreath Oil Cooler!!

Thanks so much brother Steve, that was way cool and I'll cherish it forever!!
This is very cool!!

And, LT....I even thought about getting one, and placing it somewhere on the 'lil tractor (TW).

·
Registered
573 Posts
Just goes to show that you meet the nicest people on a TW
This is true. When I review the pics and video I shot, the things that stand out (after wincing at my crashes) are the people I rode with, those I chatted with in the morning, those who shared a drink and woodsmoke stinging our eyes around the campfire.

As a latecomer to motorcycling, I can't answer why I ride, I just do.

Because of good riding partners.
Because it's a nice day.
Because there's dirt under the wheels.
Because of that bright, neon green jacket.
Because this is Utah and ahead lies the White Rim Trail. :eek:
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Bumper

Because motorcycle. :cool:

Don't need reason, don't need rhyme
Ain't nothing that I'd rather do
Going down, party time
My friends are gonna be there too

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Vehicle

Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle handlebar Plant

·
Registered
573 Posts
Thank you so much for handing the motorcycle pins out for me Kris. I really appreciate that. I hope everyone enjoys them!!
Do you think you have enough of them left for the fall gathering at Moab?
Thanks for the pin too, LT! I explained to Admiral when he gave me one that I was no longer a TW owner, having sold mine to Placerlode a day after arriving. Didn't matter, he said, because I had it when I showed up.

·
Registered
23,057 Posts
After 1,091 posts guess we had the Spring Moab 2022 pretty well "planned" out.
It was fun, it was scenic...
Brown Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape

..it was TW-able. These bikes are very good at avoiding some of the congestion in our national parks. Arches can be a lesson in patience if you drive in normal way with the long wait at the formal entryway. Sneaking in legally via Willow Springs Road can make a huge difference.
Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle Plant

So you Fall visitors can take over the 'planning". The anticipation is worth it.

·
Registered
2012 TW200, 1988 DT50, 2002 ZRX1200
97 Posts
Speaking of fall, has any thought been given to the October dates yet? Those of us who are still wage slaves need to plan these things way in advance. :)

Early in the thread Hoot Gibson mentioned October 14-22. Are we still thinking that’s the target?

·
Super Moderator
15,574 Posts
Speaking of fall, has any thought been given to the October dates yet? Those of us who are still wage slaves need to plan these things way in advance. :)

Early in the thread Hoot Gibson mentioned October 14-22. Are we still thinking that’s the target?
We'll be starting an October Moab 22 thread as soon as we confirm the dates so be on the lookout for the new thread in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,095 ·
We'll be starting an October Moab 22 thread as soon as we confirm the dates so be on the lookout for the new thread in the next couple of weeks.
Hoot is hardly the "Go to Guy" but I think Mid to late October are great weather and less crowded months in Moab and the area, although there are few "less crowds" months with good weather out that way...

The biggest concern is getting there and back with the current D~J Fuel Situation...and not having to mortgage your home... 👀

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,097 ·
I'm in if someone doesn't reserve the date ahead of time. I put down from 15th October to 1st November.
I'[m good with that time frame...

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,099 ·
I'll throw out October 14th {Friday} thru October 29th {Saturday} and people can come and go as they please...if folks have other dates, toss they out for review and/orcomment...

1081 - 1099 of 1099 Posts