TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

Moab 2022 March or October?

101 - 120 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Since when do you listen to your wife? :ROFLMAO:
[/QUOTE]

You haven't met her...

Beeleeve it or not...
  • She's put the run on many a nasty dog bothering our own. Mad dogs fear her...
  • One time she took a broom to the back end of a black bear who at the time was upside down in our garbage can in the carport.... WHAPP-WHAPP-WHAPP... "GET OUTA HEEERE!!! Or I'll rip yer lips off.... all you could see was feet going the other way... Black bears fear her...
  • She could probably make Norman Schwartzkopf Jr. stand at attention, seriously... He would likely fear her...
  • She's a Viking you know... very tough, and with many Viking sisters... No further comment... ;)

·
Registered
22,001 Posts
I won't say who but someone here once wished they could buy a small Montana town for sale that came with a bar so she could dance atop the tables. Nothing wrong with that, if the new Mayor wants to dance on the tables then its OK by me.:)

·
Registered
2005 TDub
30 Posts
I just changed my vote from either to March because the sooner the better. I've been in Louisiana for the last few weeks living in an RV working on damage from hurricane Ida thinking about my Tdub sitting neglected in my shop. I'm ready to go.

·
Registered
22,001 Posts
Mrs.Admiral, always the life of the party. :)
Maybe you can get Hoot and the admiral up on the table to dance with you.
Curtain Performing arts Entertainment Suit Music

You Ladies shouldn't have all the fun.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Speaking of, when will Hoot be posting some solid dates for the March event?
Once the votes are finally in...at this point, it appears that March 19th through April 8th or so look likely. Remember I'm not in charge of anything, just tossing it out there for all to decide when, if, and can they, make these dates...remember Jeep week in 2022 begins April 9th and many folks arrive a week or so before. Question is, do we want to overlap that, or arrive a bit earlier? As for Hoot, if I come in March...I'm more inclined to get out of Dodge {Moab} before the Jeepsters arrive in mass...{even though Hoot has a Wrangler himself, I'm not doing that mess} so the earlier March 19th or so, the better...

As for October? that being a full year away, it's up for grabs:cool: Early to middle of the month would be my choices, but folks like Fred and the Admirals would know the weather out Moab way better than me...

Average weather October in Moab, United States of America (weather-and-climate.com)

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
You do not want to overlap Jeep Safari. The week after is usually Toyota Cruise Moab not near as big of an event. Moab is always busy these days but Safari is one of the craziest
That's why Ron From Boise planned the 2015 ride to miss the Jeep things...it puts to much of a squeeze on the resources and area...not a fan of those kind of crowds...

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
voted March for reasons shared by previous members - I'm ready to roll baby !!! but can do either date or even both I'm looking to buy a small contractors warehouse in Moab so I might be spending even more time there

·
Registered
2012 TW200, 1988 DT50, 2002 ZRX1200
55 Posts
I have a friend who I am trying to talk into attending. He’s a definite maybe at this point.
His bikes are a Honda XL 80, or a plated Yamaha YZ 426. :) Nothing in between unfortunately.I told him I thought the Honda was a better option. Will he be able to keep up with the group with that?

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
I have a friend who I am trying to talk into attending. He’s a definite maybe at this point.
His bikes are a Honda XL 80, or a plated Yamaha YZ 426. :) Nothing in between unfortunately.I told him I thought the Honda was a better option. Will he be able to keep up with the group with that?
No need to "Keep Up", most of the riding is slow and {somewhat} easy...just depends on what the interest is...there seldom is a set agenda, folks, at least in 2015 planned perhaps a day or few hours ahead.

·
Super Moderator
14,867 Posts
No need to "Keep Up", most of the riding is slow and {somewhat} easy...just depends on what the interest is...there seldom is a set agenda, folks, at least in 2015 planned perhaps a day or few hours ahead.
"Somewhat easy", perhaps :)
Admiral doing some unintended "trick" riding.
Cloud Sky Mirror Recreation Leisure

Admiral son "Stig" testing how soft the sand is just in case one falls.
Cloud Sky Bicycle Tire Bicycle helmet

Of course, one could avoid all this and stay home but what fun would that be?

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
March has blown into the lead with 17 votes, October has 9, and either is doable with 10...Safe to say March is going to be one of the rides for sure, and October 2022 is a good possibility as well...

So to start things off, What Dates in March are you all good for?...IMO, not that it law, is we avoid the Jeep Week by at least 7 days...It begins on April 9th, so I am suggesting March 19th {could be cold for sure} thru and including April 2nd...that is a 2 week time frame...but seems to be the best time as the weather in Moab and area begins to warm up and before the Jeep Crowd arrives in mass...

The 2015 dates had early arrivals beginning March 20th and we were all gone by March 29th...

What you say...?

·
Super Moderator
6,277 Posts
Not going to make this one, but – from memory, early mornings were not that chilly at that time of the year, whereas mid-afternoon it was often in the 90’s. Bouncing around will keep the cold out, but by 4pm you’ll be ready for a beer

Typical desert – cold nights, hot days

March 19 would have my vote – but it’s not my arse on the line this time

Best of luck to those who get to attend – you won’t regret it (should you survive) …….

101 - 120 of 154 Posts