TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

Moab 2022 March or October?

121 - 140 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
The entire 10 days, March 20th -29th in 2015 saw very little rain, mostly sunny days in the upper 60s thru the mid to upper 70s and nights in the 40s...that year, the riding weather was perfect...however that doesn't mean it will be that this time around...

We can only hope for something similar...

Here was the "Weather Talk" leading up to Moab 2015...

Moab Weather March 20th-30th | TW200 Forum

·
Registered
907 Posts
I support the idea of March 19-April 2. While most of us will not be there the full 2 weeks, it does allow for some flexibility for those of us needing to arrange time off of work. It might also make for a less crowded campsite and rides if people are trickling in and out over the two week period.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Mrs. A is out for March, but The Admiral might come for a few days. Depends on if I have honey do’s for him…….. honey do’s mean he’ll be avoiding doing them so he’ll find a reason to be gone!!
October is most definitely a strong probably that we will be traveling to the Moab area, if we do we will let y’all know.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
I'm digging the idea of both March, say around the 19th to open ended{April 2nd or so} and October 2022, let's just plug in October 15th to the 23rd or so...getting out before the Crazy Halloween events...

Some can perhaps do both and some will choose one or the other...

Weather in Moab in march 2022 - Temperature and Climate in march (whereandwhen.net)

Moab, UT - October weather forecast and climate information | Weather Atlas (weather-atlas.com)

March weather usually gets warmer and dryer as the month progresses and October gets a bit cooler and the days shorter as the month moves towards November...

·
Registered
907 Posts
Mrs. A is out for March, but The Admiral might come for a few days. Depends on if I have honey do’s for him…….. honey do’s mean he’ll be avoiding doing them so he’ll find a reason to be gone!!
October is most definitely a strong probably that we will be traveling to the Moab area, if we do we will let y’all know.
Well crap, there goes the March event. If Mrs. Admiral ain't going, ain't nobody going.
Obviously teasing you, but you will be missed and camp will be way less fun without you there.

·
Super Moderator
14,867 Posts
Free more or less (I'll take donations to help support the Admiral Moonshine fund).
If you PM me your address, I'll send you one of the Moab Jeep or ATV trail guide books. 1 per person. I'd like them to go to someone who hasn't gone before if possible who is going to March 22 or October 22 Moab's.
Product World Publication Font Material property

·
Super Moderator
14,867 Posts
Don't need no stinkin' books. I just follow who ever looks like they are gonna go on the most adventurous ride. I bring a flask of Yukon. For medicinal purposes. Is that legal in Utah?
If BillPacific can drink beer to help heal his back after a hard day on the Moab trails, he lives in Utah, then I think the Medical Yukon is perfectly acceptable as part of an after-ride recovery program. :)

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
If BillPacific can drink beer to help heal his back after a hard day on the Moab trails, he lives in Utah, then I think the Medical Yukon is perfectly acceptable as part of an after-ride recovery program. :)
Don’t you drink “Moonshine” after a hard day on the trails.
Hense the need for a “Moonshine” fund.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Any funds sent Admiral's way for 'shine will long be spent and down the gullet before MOAB. Of that I am sure.

·
Super Moderator
14,867 Posts
I'm not actually accepting funds for the shine fund. SkiPro is right...no willpower...long gone before Moab, or Halloween, Thanksgiving, my birthday, Christmas/Hanukkah, New Year, February 1st day etc. :)

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I'm not actually accepting funds for the shine fund. SkiPro is right...no willpower...long gone before Moab, or Halloween, Thanksgiving, my birthday, Christmas/Hanukkah, New Year, February 1st day etc. :)
Now I see why Lorie can’t retire.
Between working and making you your libations I am surprised she has time to ride.:D

·
Registered
170 Posts
As with Mrs. A, it's unlikely I can attend in March. Why not just set it at April 1-8 to get it in the week before Jeep Week, let those that want to overlap a couple of days have that option and hope for warmer weather? Anyone wanting to arrive early and avoid Jeep Week entirely can do so and anyone wanting to stay late and include Jeep Week can do so. That should accommodate everyone.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
As with Mrs. A, it's unlikely I can attend in March. Why not just set it at April 1-8 to get it in the week before Jeep Week, let those that want to overlap a couple of days have that option and hope for warmer weather? Anyone wanting to arrive early and avoid Jeep Week entirely can do so and anyone wanting to stay late and include Jeep Week can do so. That should accommodate everyone.
Anybody can go whenever they want, but if you've been there the week or days before Jeep Week...? No Thanks on my end...but everybody has to what they feel best...Hoot will avoid Jeep week by leaving a week before at least. However, I may opt for October 2022 as well, so it's up to each individual or small group on what they prefer to do.

I'm gonna "approve" Fred as the expert on when the best early Spring Dates are... 😎 🆒

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
With just 5 months to go until the early Spring proposal...I'll run these dates by for both rides, with some wiggle room for each session:

Early Spring: March 19th through April 2nd...with each rider{s} or small groups picking their own schedule of days:

October Ride Let's look at October 8th thru the 21st with each making his or her own decision on when to come and when to go...

There I have said my peace...everybody can make their own decisions...No Ron or Mel am I...😎

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
With just 5 months to go until the early Spring proposal...I'll run these dates by for both rides, with some wiggle room for each session:

Early Spring: March 19th through April 2nd...with each rider{s} or small groups picking their own schedule of days:

October Ride Let's look at October 8th thru the 21st with each making his or her own decision on when to come and when to go...

There I have said my peace...everybody can make their own decisions...No Ron or Mel am I...😎

Hoot is heading to Sunny {I hope} Florida early next week for a couple of weeks of fishing and visiting old friends and family...so I will be out of the loop for awhile {I don't do Internet or Social Media when on vacation} 🤠

·
Registered
907 Posts
Anybody can go whenever they want, but if you've been there the week or days before Jeep Week...? No Thanks on my end...but everybody has to what they feel best...Hoot will avoid Jeep week by leaving a week before at least. However, I may opt for October 2022 as well, so it's up to each individual or small group on what they prefer to do.
I agree. Moab is crowded enough without Jeep week, and the closer to mid-April and warmer weather, the more likely that the free group camping spots will be full or crowded.
Another thing to remember is that spring breaks are typically the last week of March or first week of April, so starting on the 19th might beat that crowd too. SLC public school's is March 28-April 1st and adjoining weekends.
Hoot is correct in that he is throwing out dates and allowing everyone to make their own choice on when to attend. Thanks for doing it Hoot.

·
Super Moderator
14,867 Posts
Charles Wells Jeep book has been spoken for and will be sent out today. The ATV Moab book is still available.

I like the Moab dates Hoot. Thanks for trying to "guide" the cat herd! :)

121 - 140 of 154 Posts