TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

Moab 2022 March or October?

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Now that the dates are sorted out (at least to a two-week period) March 19-April 2:
For any of you crossing Texas on the way to Moab, there is a meetup in Big Bend, Thurs-Sun, March 17-20. It has a pretty good-sized group usually. There's a registration fee that covers two dinners (fajitas and bar-b-que last time). The camp and dinners are at Study Butte just outside the park or over in Terlingua. Each morning there's a meet up and various groups go to either Big Bend National Park, Big Bend State Park (rougher) or if open, Mexico. They don't have the details or registration page on the Two Wheeled Texans forum yet, but it's called "Around The Bend." I will post it once active. Just thought I'd mention the possibility to others in case you want to stop on the way to Moab

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Now that the dates are sorted out (at least to a two-week period) March 19-April 2:
For any of you crossing Texas on the way to Moab, there is a meetup in Big Bend, Thurs-Sun, March 17-20. It has a pretty good-sized group usually. There's a registration fee that covers two dinners (fajitas and bar-b-que last time). The camp and dinners are at Study Butte just outside the park or over in Terlingua. Each morning there's a meet up and various groups go to either Big Bend National Park, Big Bend State Park (rougher) or if open, Mexico. They don't have the details or registration page on the Two Wheeled Texans forum yet, but it's called "Around The Bend." I will post it once active. Just thought I'd mention the possibility to others in case you want to stop on the way to Moab
Been over 5 years since Montezuma, Borneo, Ft. Wayne Gary, Effanflood, and Hoot were at Big Bend...that was early to mid March 2016...the weather was dang near perfect... 🤠 Love that place and area:

Sky Ecoregion Mountain Plant Dusk
Tire Wheel Sky Plant Vehicle

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Hoot is heading to Sunny {I hope} Florida early next week for a couple of weeks of fishing and visiting old friends and family...so I will be out of the loop for awhile {I don't do Internet or Social Media when on vacation} 🤠
Hoot, did you bring your TW to the Sunshine State?

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
Hoot, did you bring your TW to the Sunshine State?
Leaving in the morning {Tueday the 19th} ...got some stops to make ... taking I-75 to Knoxville, then down thru the western edge of North Carolina, then down I-95 to Flagler. Going to fish the Pier and surf there for a couple days, then over to the St. John River near DeLand, stay with a horse training buddy of mine from Ohio, and fish the SJ Tribs off his dock...then west and south to Venice, Nokomis, Naples, Everglades, Keys, then work my way back, with stops in Alabama Gulf Shores, the Kentucky, before hitting home...

At least that is the plan...you guys, like us, have had to much damn rain, time for some Sunshine and Cool Breezes...:cool:

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Leaving in the morning {Tueday the 19th} ...got some stops to make ... taking I-75 to Knoxville, then down thru the western edge of North Carolina, then down I-95 to Flagler. Going to fish the Pier and surf there for a couple days, then over to the St. John River near DeLand, stay with a horse training buddy of mine from Ohio, and fish the SJ Tribs off his dock...then west and south to Venice, Nokomis, Naples, Everglades, Keys, then work my way back, with stops in Alabama Gulf Shores, the Kentucky, before hitting home...

At least that is the plan...you guys, like us, have had to much damn rain, time for some Sunshine and Cool Breezes...:cool:
That's quite a trip you have planned Hoot! (y) Currently have a cool snap coming through Northern part of FL. Let us know if you bring your TW, maybe we could run the loop around Lake George, and possibly take the Fort Gates Ferry across the St. John's River, although not sure it's opened yet.

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
That's quite a trip you have planned Hoot! (y) Currently have a cool snap coming through Northern part of FL. Let us know if you bring your TW, maybe we could run the loop around Lake George, and possibly take the Fort Gates Ferry across the St. John's River, although not sure it's opened yet.
The TW is a no go for this trip...much as I want to ride down in the Glades and even by Lake George ...this trip has to much other "stuff" involved, but it's still on my Death List... :oops: 💀 err Wish List...

·
Registered
74 Posts
3/26 - 4/1 is our local spring break. It seems to be turning into a family trip. I hope they can find other things to do. Can we rent trail bikes there? I am sure the google can help me, but I certainly value the experience here.

I will keep watching this thread and dates to meet up with otherTW’s.

—matt

·
Registered
907 Posts
3/26 - 4/1 is our local spring break. It seems to be turning into a family trip. I hope they can find other things to do. Can we rent trail bikes there? I am sure the google can help me, but I certainly value the experience here.

I will keep watching this thread and dates to meet up with otherTW’s.

—matt
My wife and 4 kids will be coming along. Like last time I went, I will ride motorcycles while they go off and hike or go to the dinosaur museum. At first I thought that they would be bored without me, but they loved it and are excited to go again.
There are about every kind of rental available in Moab, from motorcycle, ATV, UTV, jeep, kayak, etc. Pick your poison.

·
Registered
22,001 Posts
Moab trail bike rentals:
Haven't used any of these but have seen people out on little rented Hondas on difficult trails grinning and seemingly showing little experience or skills yet having a good time.

Website

Website

Website

There are also several tour companies that offer guide services, some providing motorcycles to clients.

·
Registered
2005 TDub
30 Posts
Hey all I've been gone for a month working on hurricane damage in Louisiana. What have I missed? Where and When? I'm in.

Reactions: mountain yawp
141 - 154 of 154 Posts