TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Oregonians out there who know if Clarke's TW200 plastic tanks are street legal? I'm thinking of installing one this winter but I've seen mixed messages about whether plastic tanks are street legal here. I've been poking around ODOT pages but not finding anything. Not overly worried about it and will probably do it anyway, but was curious if I should be concerned when I see the police :)

Cheers,
Curtis

·
Registered
503 Posts
unless you plan on doing wheelie's past the cops, I don't think your gonna get pulled over for a 'gas tank inspection'.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
unless you plan on doing wheelie's past the cops, I don't think your gonna get pulled over for a 'gas tank inspection'.
This. I think the benefits outnumber the risk of using the Clarke. I have one on mine and I've never had a problem, although, in NJ they stopped motorcycle inspections. I did have one on an XR I used to own and never had a problem taking it through inspection.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I am running the 4 gallon Clarke XT350 (Natural color), I had a state trooper stop by my camp site and chat about my TW200, (about 45 minutes) he didn't even blink an eye over the oversized translucent tank. I think it would take a pretty anal LEO to even call you out on it. I see them quite often on multiple brands of dual sports in my area. (Lane / Douglas County)

·
Registered
234 Posts
I doubt they are legal in any state. Most after market parts are stamped "off-road only" I have been riding 44 years and have never heard of anyone getting stopped for it, same with exhaust pipes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts