TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1

Such a fun ride today. Pic is where we had lunch. All the streams are still running well, lots of ferns all around them. Went around a turn and slowed to not hit a lizard...or something. Another lizard right behind? Nope was a group of 1 and a half inch tall baby quails chasing a group of adults. Stopped to let them all line up and followed for about 30 yards , adult heads turning constantly. Around 20 baby quails chasing the adults and quickly disappearing in small pine trees branches. So fun to see those critters. Also saw a huge Red Tail hawk close up. It was lounging about 30 feet up, I startled it, it jumped from branch fell like 10 feet for velocity, opened wings and cruised thru branches comfortably.
Very relaxed, fun 65 mile ride. Forest smelled so good. Low growing misery bushes gave off earthy, herbaceous sent, cedars sharp sap and some bushes still have flowers for sweet floral sent...what a ride! Must be getting old. Most of this stuff would have been un noticed by me years ago...now it's my favorite part . Age ain't that bad ...

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Took the exact same trails yesterday - again so nice.
Was hot in the valley, cool in the mountains = cumulus clouds....and a nice downpour! Love this time of year at elevation. You never know what to expect. High 90s in valley and 70s at +6500ft brings on the weather and some mud (y)

Registered
Those fluff balls of quail fledglings are a joy to see. Tuesday night we flushed a group of them plus a bobcat, hawk and owl who all like those baby quail too... to eat.;)

Reactions: Donzo and Mel

Registered
Don, we should get together for another shared ride so I won鈥檛 keep hijacking your threads...but these little fellows were just too cute just now that I couldn鈥檛 resist taking and sharing their picture. These seem a day or so away from flying
88964682-D744-405B-BBA4-0E6454AA4A56.jpeg
5B066CE0-FA2D-4A2B-B194-E942B2173894.jpeg

Reactions: Donzo

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Those are the same size as the group I saw - so fun to watch! Their heads are constantly turning and legs churning trying to stay uneaten

1 - 6 of 6 Posts