TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in Nicaragua and it’s hard to find anything here but a man totaled his 2008 Royal Star passing through my town and I got the back seat off it. Just trying to figure out how to anchor it down. Wife is thrilled about how better it will feel when we do 200 mile runs. What do y’all think?

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is what I’m thinking. I’m going to put snaps on the leather strap to hold it down tight and also remove it when I need to.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I get her one then I can’t afford to fix mine up. Lol

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Wow..it always surprises me to see a stock 2015 with few mods. It's been a while since mine looked like that.

I'm not sure if passenger weight that far back is a good idea. The sub frame has a low weight rating. If you go through with it avoid bumps.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where the passenger seat is positioned now is where she usually sits. We put a neck pillow on the rack. We ride 60-65mph for 100 miles only stopping once, we ride off road trails from 2200 up to 8500 ft, crossing rivers, jungle and everything in between. Rides good, well balanced and only a few willies up very steep trails.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of riding for two on one of these little bikes. Hats Off To You.
Sounds like a great gal. If you want to keep her I'd try and use more than just one strap to hold it on to the TW. Maybe a belt/strap that attaches in the front and one in the back. Like some of those tank-bra covers.

No matter what it looks like it gotta be more comfortable than the stock seat.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That’s good advice. I’ll keep an eye on it

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, that's a lot of riding for two on one of these little bikes. Hats Off To You.
Sounds like a great gal. If you want to keep her I'd try and use more than just one strap to hold it on to the TW. Maybe a belt/strap that attaches in the front and one in the back. Like some of those tank-bra covers.

No matter what it looks like it gotta be more comfortable than the stock seat.
Definitely more comfortable and she’s not sitting all the way back just a few inches over the rack

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We did a long test ride today after making a leather strap with snaps to hold it tight. Doesn’t move at all and very comfy.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Great. Comments on the vulnerability of that subframe (an extension of the frame) are true, but it is likely to sag only if you sit way back and or hit it hard with a lot of weight. Inspect periodically.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts