TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My computer will not open them and I get annoying pop-ups every time I open a forum page. I don't ignore messages, I just can't read them. Any questions or comments need to be posted up in General or Off Topic because those are the only forums I look at.

Thanks

·
Registered
592 Posts
Sorry qwerty, I posed that question I sent you in my recent oil level thread...

·
Registered
8,297 Posts

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ashpoles!!!!!!! haahaahaa No, the likes don't matter. This computer doesn't do pop-ups, except the pop-ups that tell me I have a pop-up. That must be it. Annoying as all getout.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Peace and comfort, for the highest good of all concerned. That is the choice a peaceful warrior tries to spread around.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
Peace and comfort, for the highest good of all concerned. That is the choice a peaceful warrior tries to spread around.
Don't be getting all comfy soft with us qwerty. I can do the peace and comfort stuff but it really is a lot more fun here if we poke you once in a while and get poked back in the process. We all need to remember the first rule of Forums. Never, ever get angry with anyone who is not right in front of you and close enough to take the poke in the nose. Arguing from my keyboard is a kin to arguing with idiots, (Glen Beck)! Having some fun here and being respectful in that game makes this site a much better place even though we can't always put a face on the name. You can be the "Care Bear" but I still would not mess with you if you were standing behind a shoulder height fence.

If I could figure out how to add an Avitar under my forum name I think I would go with Albert Einstien but I assure you all I am no F'ing genius!:D

GaryL

·
Registered
3,349 Posts

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Qwerty is nice now, but believe me, he used to tear folks a new one in a heartbeat. :p

Qwerty is not nice. Never has been, never will be. Qwerty has rearranged his priorities after reading Arguing With Idiots and burying Angel and Princess.

Way too many people talking points they read on the internet and no or very limited practical experience. Qwerty built his first engine 49 years ago and has built engines and drivelines for bikes, boats, karts, drag, road race, and circle track cars, swamp buggies, mud boggers, desert racers, and pulling trucks and tractors that have won world championships. He'd still be doing it had his skin not become sensitized to lubricants and fuels. Don't even try to hand him a bunch of theory learned under a shade tree while killing a 6-pack, and don't even admit you've never been out of Canada and try to tell him how to set up air filtration for a bike intended to be ridden in the desert, where he lived, rode, and raced for years. There is some crap up with which he should not have to put. Qwerty stays out of the tech and mod forums to avoid stepping in the stuff that flows throw them.

Einstein was not a genius. By his own admission he had learning disabilities and simply spent enough time on task to follow a line of reasoning to its logical conclusion. He would be honored to serve as your avatar, though he would wonder why for.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
You're right. I'll rephrase that. Qwerty is nice-er now than he used to be. But I know you can and will rip someone a new one if needed. Even though, we love having you back here Qwerty. The forum does need your wisdom and experience.

Seriously.
Excellent point Tommy but I think what you will and have seen in the forum is that some members can't handle wisdom and experience! That goes directly to my rule about never arguing with a forum poster from behind your keyboard. One fantastic feature of forums is we have the ability to click and move on when you disagree and I find it useless to get upset or angry or to argue with any one you can't put a face on.

Too bad qwerty can't or won't get his PMs working right. I am sure there are some of us here who highly respect his knowledge and opinions but that can be futile for those who try. I keep referring back to what Russ Austin, (Lizrdbrth) always said, "I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you". Some people come seeking advice and there is almost always a few members with a good handle on the problem who are willing to help. Once you decide between those who really do know and those who think they know you can usually get the advice you need. Open forums do have a mixed bag of experts as well as some who are experts in their own minds. This forum has some very knowledgeable members if you take the time to seek them out and you develop a degree of trust in what those members say. I have run in to mechanics at dealerships I would not allow near my machine and the same applies here. One guy a while back recommended hooking up nitrous oxide if you want your TW to run at peak performance. Good luck if you followed that!

GaryL

1 - 20 of 31 Posts