TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Last year I came across a guy on the internet that modified a tw-200 and drove it from the U.S. somewhere all the way north to Alaska . It was a great thread to follow as he described in detail how he adventure built his TW and then a great and detailed read of his trip . I am not sure when he did the actual trip but probally a few years ago . I think he was going to buy a larger bike for the trip but then decided to use his TW instead .
My problem is that I have no idea what site the trip report was on ....I cant find it ...I am hoping that someone on the TW site will have an idea who it was and where I might find it . Thank you for helping !

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Hi,
Last year I came across a guy on the internet that modified a tw-200 and drove it from the U.S. somewhere all the way north to Alaska . It was a great thread to follow as he described in detail how he adventure built his TW and then a great and detailed read of his trip . I am not sure when he did the actual trip but probally a few years ago . I think he was going to buy a larger bike for the trip but then decided to use his TW instead .
My problem is that I have no idea what site the trip report was on ....I cant find it ...I am hoping that someone on the TW site will have an idea who it was and where I might find it . Thank you for helping !
I believe it was posted on ADVrider.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Hello and welcome!
We may have to check 08sx4 out to see if he can even join the "Old Farts" club, 62 or older to qualify!:D

GaryL

Reactions: plumbstraight

·
Registered
1,931 Posts

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
I can't recall this fellow's name, Todd perhaps. He was a forum member for awhile and did some pretty neat mods. One of the first of our group that installed a larger tank (non-TW) and did nice work in re-working seat and plastics to match new tank contour. I donated my relatively new stock front tire to the adventure. Not only did this afford me a chance to upgrade, it acted as a spare that 'Todd' was able to squirrel away to some P.O. box location along the way. Gerry

·
Registered
20,489 Posts
Great adventure report! Thanks Rhodetrip for the link.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
That is "The Mule" A member of the old forum.
He also was the inventor and fabricator of "Mule Nuts" the origional tool less seat bolts.
I agree with Gerry, I think his name was Todd.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts