TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Happy Trails to me but I can’t find any stamp or ID or model number. Looks like pretty straight forward mounting, but I’d like to find instructions to have on file. Thanks
D28EFAC1-2239-40BE-AB7D-FC7695A5078B.jpeg 7E4D8ACA-EF67-46D7-9051-E3E0D9ADADB0.jpeg

·
Registered
282 Posts
Not what I was hoping for when I clicked on the thread title. Definitely either a one-off, or possibly someone swiped and shrunk the gate I welded for my basement steps.

Not sure I'd go with squared corners on a rack though, a nice bevel would help keep the stabby bits at crotch level to a minimum.

Hey nilhil,
If I'm not mistaken, there appears to be in the neighborhood of say, a '68 Dodge Charger in the back ground, behind your "gate". Am I close?
Scott

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hey nilhil,
If I'm not mistaken, there appears to be in the neighborhood of say, a '68 Dodge Charger in the back ground, behind your "gate". Am I close?
Scott

That old thing? Nailed it. 1968 Dodge Charger, original numbers matching R/T (440+TF727) in the lovliest of faded RR1 burgundy-poly. My father bought her new.

·
Registered
378 Posts
That old thing? Nailed it. 1968 Dodge Charger, original numbers matching R/T (440+TF727) in the lovliest of faded RR1 burgundy-poly. My father bought her new.
Nice ride! In the 70s and 80s dad had a service station. One of his customers was a used car dealer that had a thing for buying and selling Mopar muscle cars. Had many chances to 'test drive' them. I may have bent a traffic law or three. ;)

·
Registered
282 Posts
I thought I was fairly close. When it came out, I saw the movie Bullitt, TWENTY TWO TIMES! I've never been a Mustang fan but, I liked Steves, in that movie. But, the Charger infatuated me. I went out and bought a '70 SE/RT with the 440 in it. It was Navy Blue with an Alligator top and the 727. I was young, stupid and naïve. The car only had about 40K on the clock but, as the old cliché states, it was "rode hard and put away wet" so-to-speak. In other words, it was one of those that looked great from a distance. But, get in and drive it, and, it was hurting. I only kept it for about 60 days or so 'cause it was overwhelming me with not only repairs but, 6-8 mpg was not conducive to $1.25 an hour wage waaaaaay back then. But, I did love the car. Glad you still have it and, maybe some day, Chip Foose will show up at your door with a team to rehabilitate your dads car for you.
Scott

·
Registered
327 Posts
Nice ride! In the 70s and 80s dad had a service station. One of his customers was a used car dealer that had a thing for buying and selling Mopar muscle cars. Had many chances to 'test drive' them. I may have bent a traffic law or three. ;)
There was about a decade or so I wasn't allowed anywhere near it for what could also be described as "bent" regulations. Took the full decade to get the smile off my face though, so fair enough.

I thought I was fairly close. When it came out, I saw the movie Bullitt, TWENTY TWO TIMES! I've never been a Mustang fan but, I liked Steves, in that movie. But, the Charger infatuated me. I went out and bought a '70 SE/RT with the 440 in it. It was Navy Blue with an Alligator top and the 727. I was young, stupid and naïve. The car only had about 40K on the clock but, as the old cliché states, it was "rode hard and put away wet" so-to-speak. In other words, it was one of those that looked great from a distance. But, get in and drive it, and, it was hurting. I only kept it for about 60 days or so 'cause it was overwhelming me with not only repairs but, 6-8 mpg was not conducive to $1.25 an hour wage waaaaaay back then. But, I did love the car. Glad you still have it and, maybe some day, Chip Foose will show up at your door with a team to rehabilitate your dads car for you.
Scott
Having grown up in a Mopar house, and this car being the one that drove me home from the hospital the day I was born, I'm inherently anti-mustang. But who doesn't love a good brand rivalry right? I find it better to consider things in smiles per gallon rather than miles. There's a near perpetual set of elevenses down the length of my driveway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts