TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My right side turn signals work fine,but the left side just lights up but wont flash

Can just one side of the flasher burn out?

Checked bulbs , seem good...but thinking im just gonna replace all of them

This is on my wifes 89 tdub

Thanks for any help in what to look for

Im just not sure if its a flasher,bulb or light socket problem???

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The left side flashes if i keep tapping this part lightly with with the end of a flashlight handle while the left turn signal switch is engaged

Also nobody seems to carry the bulbs with the original bulb numbers

Would you know what bulb numbers i can use to replace the front and rears?

Thanks so much

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
That's the flasher. The bulbs should be 1156 for the rear and 1157 for the front unless yours are different from 2001+(which I don't think so).

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Try swapping the bulbs from one side to the other, if you have the same result there's an issue with your wiring.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But isn't it weird that it starts to flash if I tap on the side of the flasher?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rbm...thanks so much!

She's all fixed up now thanks to you!

Bad connection up inside headlight cow where the grounds hook up...

Thanks man!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I see then if my signal lights light up but don't flash it might not be the expensive flash unit but just a bad connection/ground? I'm putting signals on a bike that didn't have them and they wont flash but will light up.
Are you putting led signals on? If you put led signals on with the stock flasher relay, they will stay on instead of blinking just like you say. For led lights you need an led flasher relay. If they're not led, go through all the connections and clean them, and if that doesn't help, you may have a bad relay. I just had one go bad on me the other day. You can find new relays on Amazon for under 8 bucks.

·
Super Moderator
17,936 Posts
Wish we had a electrician that would chime in. I almost think you need 3 wire connections in the back. Keep us posted please.

Keep the post bumped up so folks see it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts