TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to search and come up with one that is safe for the black engine. When I changed the oil, I did the open the screw to check if the top is getting oil thing and I was slow on hitting the kill switch. I was going to get GUNK brand degreaser and follow with S100 Engine Brightener. The mess is minor, but gets me all anxious when it starts to burn off (that smell) and I am 70 miles from home.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I use Super Clean. I buy it by the gallon and use it in a generic spray bottle. Wet engine, spritz on the degreaser, wipe around with a paint brush to get in all the nooks and crannies, then rinse.
Most times I just have to spray on, wait a minute, then rinse with a hard stream of water to get the gunk off. Do not get this on raw aluminum.

Reactions: Talcire

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use Super Clean. I buy it by the gallon and use it in a generic spray bottle. Wet engine, spritz on the degreaser, wipe around with a paint brush to get in all the nooks and crannies, then rinse.
Most times I just have to spray on, wait a minute, then rinse with a hard stream of water to get the gunk off. Do not get this on raw aluminum.
OK, thanks. I can hit my BBQ with it too.

·
Registered
1988 Yamaha TW200
36 Posts
My favorite degreaser of all time is Spray Nine. It works really well, doesn't smell strong and actually disinfects while degreasing. It is safe on plastics and all metals and kills mold and mildew as well. It is EPA, USDA and NSF approved. It is water based with no petroleum products in it. Super awesome stuff. Sold in gallons and spray bottle sizes. I've tried just about everything else I think (SimpleGreen, PurplePower, SuperClean, Gunk, PS21 etc.) and in my opinion Spray-Nine outperforms them all. Plus I'm super sensitive to strong smells and although this stuff smells slightly it isn't anything at all hard to handle. I even use it on my chainsaws and chains and it is the only thing I've found (other than petroleum based products) that just melts through all the hard thick pitch and sap and stuff that builds up and heats up throughout the saw. Again it is super awesome stuff as far as I'm concerned. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Dish soap, spray 9, or castrol supper clean. Mostly use dish soap , and paint brush to agaitate the dirt for easy spray off

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Dawn foam for pot and pans works pretty good with a paint brush....
Doesn't hurt anything.

Reactions: Kevinwa

·
Registered
164 Posts
Be careful with straight SuperClean on shiny surfaces including paint because it can take the shine off. It’s awesome on nasty grease and oil and I use it on all PWC bilges before serving.

For painted surfaces like the engine it’s hard to beat Simple Green.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Reactions: Pilot Jet 34
1 - 12 of 12 Posts