TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in the 80s I had a small pocket size chainbreaker, to be used w/ wrench or socket.
Anything like that avail. Today?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Back in the 80s I had a small pocket size chainbreaker, to be used w/ wrench or socket.
Anything like that avail. Today?
Have not seen one in decades.
If you find one, please share the source.
Wish I still had mine.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Reactions: werwolf

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
This is a chain breaker I usually carry with me on the trail. I've had it for years now with no issues and have used it a lot but always in the shop and never on the trail. I've read or heard of bad reviews of it but it's worked for me. While technically "pocket-sized", it is rather heavy to just carry in a pocket. I have it in a bag I carry on the rear carrier. The handle is removable. I paid 9.95 for mine some years back. Probably a ton of similar lighter "pocket chain breakers" out there so Google may be your friend.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
see little tommys reply

the one I ordered is from JCR 29+ w/ S&H

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you littleT

just like the one I used to have - smallest of all

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This looks substantial, = shop worthy

thanks

·
Registered
20,505 Posts
Certainly a nice tool.
Interesting the different tools we wish to carry on our bikes.
Different strokes for different folks so no criticism here. After all some of you may correctly wish a spare chain for your Tierra del Fuego, Himalayan or other remote long distance adventures.
Personally I do not regularly travel with a spare chain that is too long thus requiring a chain breaker. If I were to carry a chain it would already be sized correctly.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Certainly a nice tool.
Interesting the different tools we wish to carry on our bikes.
Different strokes for different folks so no criticism here. After all some of you may correctly wish a spare chain for your Tierra del Fuego, Himalayan or other remote long distance adventures.
Personally I do not regularly travel with a spare chain that is too long thus requiring a chain breaker. If I were to carry a chain it would already be sized correctly.
I just carry a repair link & pocket breaker + MINIMUM tools, & first aid.

At my age a few hr ride can take all day.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts