TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Ok... so you take a CanAm Spyder, drop the center of gravity as low as you can and put two bucket seats at street level.

What's so radical about that?

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'm not sure yet. The Spyder is kind of a bike for people that can't do a bike for whatever reason. It still does not handle like a car. This is like a car for people that want one less wheel? I am not sure I would choose this over a nice sports style car like a miata.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm not sure yet. The Spyder is kind of a bike for people that can't do a bike for whatever reason. It still does not handle like a car. This is like a car for people that want one less wheel? I am not sure I would choose this over a nice sports style car like a miata.
i just bought one a sling shot sl and i currently own a miata, The sling shot is a whole different animal, by far. the styling is radical, it handles like a race car. it has double the power of my miata. and the out in open cockpit pit is great like a motorcycle. i love it. if you get a chance to drive one you should. dont get me wrong i love my miata but the low center of gravity and wide stance really make this thing thrilling.

·
Registered
19,580 Posts
Saw one on the road the other day, very impressive. Might be difficult to use to full potential on public roads w/o getting a ticket, need real twisty backroads perhaps.
If one wants to spend all their money on the machine and not on tickets ride off-road with one of these....power to weight ratio is a bit more than 3hp/lb.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Saw one on the road the other day, very impressive. Might be difficult to use to full potential on public roads w/o getting a ticket, need real twisty backroads perhaps.
If one wants to spend all their money on the machine and not on tickets ride off-road with one of these....power to weight ratio is a bit more than 3hp/lb.
I was hoping to see that beast in action in the video...

I sat in a Slingshot at the Long Beach, CA Motorcycle Show. Sat nice and low, so I'm sure it must handle pretty good. I think it had a mainstream rice-rocket engine in it (?). The sad thing was the steering column was all screwed up just from people getting in and out of it. That didn't give a high quality impression.

Test rode a couple Spyper models at an Angel Stadium Spyder event. They were fun, but seemed rather unstable on the freeway. They kept catching the freeway rain grooves and wanted to dart all over the place. Scarey! I thought they'd be more stable, but my test ride didn't turn out that way.

The new 1000 Turbo UTV's have my interest for the dunes. Kind of neat to get a warranty on an off-road turbo charged toy!

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
You must have seen the red one that is always riding around Cortland and Groton. Older guy driving it like a grocery getter:(

Tom

·
Registered
179 Posts
The Slingshot is a CAR...by all definitions. In fact, Texas and Connecticut have outlawed the sale of them as motorcycles. Because...technically they do not fit within the written definition of a motorcycle.[/QUOTE
In pa the law is written anything with 3 wheels or less is considered a motorcycle.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was hoping to see that beast in action in the video...

I sat in a Slingshot at the Long Beach, CA Motorcycle Show. Sat nice and low, so I'm sure it must handle pretty good. I think it had a mainstream rice-rocket engine in it (?). The sad thing was the steering column was all screwed up just from people getting in and out of it. That didn't give a high quality impression.

Test rode a couple Spyper models at an Angel Stadium Spyder event. They were fun, but seemed rather unstable on the freeway. They kept catching the freeway rain grooves and wanted to dart all over the place. Scarey! I thought they'd be more stable, but my test ride didn't turn out that way.

The new 1000 Turbo UTV's have my interest for the dunes. Kind of neat to get a warranty on an off-road turbo charged toy!
The sling shot has a 2.4 Gm 4 cylinder 178 hp with a 5 speed manual trans.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Looks cool but it's still a Polaris. Has there quality improved I only know the 4 wheelers built in the 90's sucked.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think the quality is pretty good now, i also have a Polaris quad which I feel is pretty good, they are victory as well they really seem to be coming into they're own.

·
Registered
486 Posts
The Slingshot is a CAR...by all definitions. In fact, Texas and Connecticut have outlawed the sale of them as motorcycles. Because...technically they do not fit within the written definition of a motorcycle.
Which makes no sense cuz a slingshot registered anywhere else can drive all over Texas and Conn. with m/c plates.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
My friend has had his for 6 months. In NY, it is considered a motorcycle. In fact, he got a ticket for not wearing a helmet while driving it.

To me, if it has bucket type seats and a freaken steering wheel, it is a car.

BTW, it is not that fast. If you turn off the traction control, all it doers is spin the wheel.

Why on earth would anyone design a vehicle that purposely has LESS traction?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts

I really dig the concept, and I'm sure it would be a ton of fun. However...these comments maybe sum it up a little lol:

michaelovitch
1000cc and 330 hp ?lolit will not last long....

Reply · 4

Dale Furno
+michaelovitch 25 lbs of boost

Reply ·

1 - 19 of 19 Posts