TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local Truckee police just got a stealthy trail patrol bike, a Zero FXP. Justified by "low pollution" as well as allowing officers to respond less out of breath than on a bicycle. Too many donuts perhaps? Anyways press release stated "When the weather is appropriate, the motorcycle will be used daily upon Truckee’s ... off-road areas." I bet!:p Can I volunteer? user36512-1463785353-media1.jpg

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
With those tires they are not getting out on any trails. Some easy FSRs and a quick run to the donut shop.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
They wanted something quiet to sneak up on people!

Local Truckee police just got a stealthy trail patrol bike, a Zero FXP. Justified by "low pollution" as well as allowing officers to respond less out of breath than on a bicycle. Too many donuts perhaps? Anyways press release stated "When the weather is appropriate, the motorcycle will be used daily upon Truckee’s ... off-road areas." I bet!:p Can I volunteer? View attachment 30775

Reactions: Smitty Blackstone

·
Registered
98 Posts
They wanted something quiet to sneak up on people!
An then they added flashing lights and a siren... kinda blows the stealth aproach. Hmmm, Ya, I wonder if they added the rack on the back for the large box of Munchkins.

Reactions: Smitty Blackstone

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Thats exactly what what they do here, they have silencing kits on quads and sneak up on off-roaders by making their own trails destroying all kinds of fauna and then come blasting out into the open turning on sirens and writing tickets for riding on established trails that they don't want us on. The rules don't seem to apply to them though. They're out quite a bit joy riding, it's obvious that things are no longer the way they should be.

An then they added flashing lights and a siren... kinda blows the stealth aproach. Hmmm, Ya, I wonder if they added the rack on the back for the large box of Munchkins.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have a Zero; but I can't see it as a police bike.

You can get, at best, with the new ones, about 150 miles. And police use is not generally gentle-throttle. About four hours a day of use, AT BEST, is my guess. Then back to the charger, while the Motors cops regroup at Dunkin Donuts.

The price is far from cheap. And they ARE NOT "zero emissions." Generation of electricity involves emissions - and a helluva lot of losses in transmission to your local outlet.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
I'd rather have them on these than mraps. ;)

You can get, at best, with the new ones, about 150 miles. And police use is not generally gentle-throttle. About four hours a day of use, AT BEST, is my guess. Then back to the charger, while the Motors cops regroup at Dunkin Donuts.

The price is far from cheap. And they ARE NOT "zero emissions." Generation of electricity involves emissions - and a helluva lot of losses in transmission to your local outlet.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Wish people would stop talking about donuts I have managed not to get donuts for my crew for a while now and I have to go past the best donut shop in town to get to work... I buy them for my crew then I finish the left overs... Maybe I should get some anyway???

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Hey Fred. Next time I'm over lets go exploring and end up in Truckee for lunch. We'll see if we can get the cops to race us.....

·
Super Moderator
18,069 Posts
Wish people would stop talking about donuts I have managed not to get donuts for my crew for a while now and I have to go past the best donut shop in town to get to work... I buy them for my crew then I finish the left overs... Maybe I should get some anyway???
Never met a donut I didn't like... :p

·
Super Moderator
18,069 Posts
I am with you LT Donuts are my favorite food group!

You better get out of that habit brother; those things will kill you!! :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have been good for the most part. Right now they aren't calling my name too hard as my Wife has been baking a lot and making ice cream to go with her other creations. Last night I came home to home made marsh mellows. I am supposed to stay out of them until we go camping this weekend...GRRRR

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
150 miles range is pretty good. Lol I think that is more than my stock tank TW. We are starting to see a lot more electric drive stuff. JPT just how fast is the zero? The batteries can charge pretty fast. Can you swap them out easily? Expensive I know.

Reactions: akalogan

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
4 hours per donut miles. 4 HPDM

1 - 20 of 20 Posts