TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im not a Veterans but Im terribly concerned with a small segment of what Dan says. I know him and never thought he was on that side. A good buddy of mine used to date his wife/girlfriends daughter. I never thought the town im from would have anyone on this side of the fence. So many sites like modern survival, shtfplan, drudge report, infowars and other sites have been blowing the whistle about the militarization of police forces. I always had some doubt but now that its going on in podunk Martinsville im very alarmed. I guess all vets are now domestic enemies? Sound to me like they are following the trend of our current administration hatred towards U.S. vets and patriots. I have never seen or even heard of a vet using an IED against american citizens especially in Martinsville IN. We had a 13yr old boy bring a pistol into the middle school and shoot a kid recently and a meth head locked himself into a house and had a standoff with police. This crap is an utter discrace. I may be calling the sheriff s dept tomorrow to tell them how I feel about it. The only violence problems we have in Morgan County is with the out of control meth and heroine makers and addicts and our local PD is worried about vets and Patriots.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I am a gulf war veteran. Sad to know that my "local" LE agrees with Janet Reno that I'm a danger to America.

He also said "... as long as [the police] go home safe at night, that's all that matters." Hello Mr. Freud. Sounds like more like an us against them kind of guy, than a "public servant".

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
I haven't even watched the video, and I'm mad already.

Reactions: maddawgj and Fred

·
Registered
20,369 Posts
While this interview is not very anti-vet IMHO the ethical treatment of veterans is newsworthy today and the lack of respect and care given them is deplorable. I had hoped we left that behind after the embarrassing ill treatment given to our Vietnam vets. Any new attitude fearing vets makes me sick. A year ago or so I thought I read a quickly smothered statistic claiming more suicides deaths than combat losses the preceding year for our armed services. True or not our troops deserve more than what they are getting when they return home.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Active combat posting requires a certain mindset, and among other things the recruiting that focuses on a "great part time job" and a good way to pay for college catches some unawares when they get called up. Great many other factors too, but that's one. Military advertising, which is big business makes it look like an adventure sport or a casual job. Combat ain't none of that.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
It isn't just a war against returning veterans. Surplus MRAPs are being distributed in alarming numbers to law enforcement agencies all over the country. It's not just sophisticated, highly technical vehicles. Surplus M-16s, drones, grenade launchers, and other military grade weaponry are being snatched up for pennies by law enforcement.

Sort of makes you feel all warm and fuzzy to know the Department of Homeland Security is armed to the teeth so they can protect us against ourselves doesn't it?
111130fortbenning_lg.jpg

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess they have been getting alot of angry people and he sent out this apology letter but what he said still doesnt sit well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Same Shit Different War.....BureauRats and the DNC=Hating Vets since the Johnson Administration....anybody with half an ounce of brains knows this has been going on since Vietnam. The people that protested us{Vietnam Vets} are now in charge of almost every agency and political arm of the US....do you really expect anything less?:confused:

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
As a Vietnam era vet I know all too well the treatment we got during and when returning from our service. We were the bastard children of our military and still are. Just look at what is front and center today with the VA and our health care.

Is it any wonder when you take 18 year old kids who are highly qualified to spread their wings and go party and hand them a gun and send them to duck real bullets. No young or old man can possibly be prepared for the fears and realities of war.

Our combat military should be made up of hood gangsters and gang members who get busted playing with guns on our streets. Drop their asses in the combat military so they can go play real war games and see just how tough they really are. No more jail or prison, your ass is in the Army for a 4 year sentence. When they return, if they return they will have a great deal more respect for guns and America.

My HS classmates who did not serve got a four year jump on me in college or career path and hated the fact that some employers gave us vets extra points or credit for having served. Those vets returning from the Middle East wars have it no better today but ducked the same bullets and lived the same ass puckering fears as any other combat soldier. They actually wonder why a combat vet considers a common street thug to be the known enemy and why we want to be armed instead of dependent upon cops.

GaryL

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hoot, the only difference I can see from the Vietnam Era is that we are QUICKLY approaching the collapse of the Dollar as world powers move away from it. The spending lunatics in Washington know it is Inevitable and are preparing for it. FEMA says to be prepared for an emergency (3 days or so), but label you a Radical Prepper if you have enough food, water, supplies, ammo to survive longer than that. They want you to be their bitch, at their mercy for the essentials of life. That's why they have created the government dependency culture of today. All I know is I now have a bug-out vehicle (TW) capable of getting food, water, firewood. Most will watch the collapse on TV (deception box) while they can wondering what the hell happened (sleeping zombies). It does my heart good to know I've joined a forum dedicated to motorcycles where it's members are quite awake. God help us all... China-Russia currency agreement further threatens U.S. dollar

·
Registered
41 Posts
From FEMA's ready.gov site: You may need to survive on your own after an emergency. This means having your own food, water and other supplies in sufficient quantity to last for at least 72 hours. Local officials and relief workers will be on the scene after a disaster but they cannot reach everyone immediately. You could get help in hours or it might take days. Yeah, Borneo, I believe 3 days is not enough either. And they're talking natural disasters, not something designed and implemented BY the government(s). Everybody will raid the stores and it will be mere hours before supplies run out. Looting and Martial Law will follow...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts