TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to suggest we keep this forum limited to our beloved Dubs and save the politics for another locale. What do you think?

Will

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Or we could ask the admin to start a politics & prostitutes section (like the basement on ADV) that our members have to subscribe to (not visible to the general public ).

·
Registered
239 Posts
That is a great idea Will. There is a wonderful amount of TW related information and some very knowledgeable riders who have helped me gain information about our fun machines. It is a shame that a handful of members want to turn this forum into AM Radio.

Happy Trails All

Ron in Boise

·
Super Moderator
318 Posts
Typically on our sites, politics and religion are off limit topics. However, on occasion, we have added such a section if there is enough demand. I'll talk to the site owners and see what their thinking is. Meanwhile, I'm curious just how many of you want to see this happen?

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
I think some political discussion should be allowed when it's related to motorcycling. Example, BLM want to shut down an area and may be supported or not by local, state, or federal government. Since it may affect our access to riding area's and it's political, maybe this is appropriate.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I would really like to see this great forum remain pure to our specialized little TW motorcycles. The occasional informational governmental information regarding our riding areas I don't have a problem with, we all need to be aware of those things. There are plenty of other places I can find "Oates that have already been thru the Horse". Otherwise "TW200 IT IS"!!!!
Mel

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Interesting thing about banning something is that now you have the first thing on the list. Once you have a list, it is easy to add to it. I vote no censorship here, if it is in OFF TOPIC then it is complying with the rules. Wait a minute....... I think that this thread is in GENERAL DISCUSSION. (All of my comments should be banned, there is something seriously wrong with me.)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Thank you for bringing this up, Will.

I know that I'm partly to blame for the recent escalation in political talk around here. I started an off-topic thread that I (quite naively, I see now) didn't think of as political in nature. The last thing I wanted to do was stir up a bunch of political fracas, but certain topics just seem to always lead there and I realize looking back that I should have known better.

This forum has been such a great place because it's a rare corner of the internet that's largely free of the ranting, name-calling, and bickering that so often accompanies anonymity. It works best when we focus on our shared interests like riding and wrenching.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
I am pretty much the guilty party. Just check my posts. On the other hand, I enjoy the conversation. This forum is very civil. Amazingly so. We have an off topic area, and it suffices. Like all things, no reason to read it if you are not interested. Not sure why anyone would want to ban our friendly banter, but as the majority wishes so it will be. My thought is that there will be far less activity. I'm pretty sure I will lose interest. I don't have non-stop vacation time to take trips nor do I have endless technical problems (damb, I hope I don't).

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
I agree with Croatoan. I too am a motorcycle activist, and a life AMA member. I am interested in the opinions of my fellow riders on any subject at all. In fact it informs me in ways that amaze me at times. If this forum is really only about one little motorcycle, and not the family of riders who live full lives and share common interests, then it is a woeful and pitiful place in my mind. Besides, some of the true wit shines out in the off topic posts and brightens my day.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I don't discuss motorcycles on political forums, and vice versa.
+100. I think the members who have been around here for a while know where we draw the line. Seems like its Johnny-come-latelies that don't know how to be cool.

A quote from Lzrdbreath, lest we forget: "We've never played that way 'round here and I'm outta here the minute this place even begins to smell like a lot of other places on the 'net."

Damn, I miss that guy.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
If these topics have to be here, put them in a place where they can be viewed only if wanted and make it so they don't come up in the regular activity string. I personally like to read all posts added daily, but some of these are a huge waste of my time. I'm here for the bikes, the mechanics, the adventures and the ride reports.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts