TW200 Forum banner

Should gully run a high or low front fender....

• High

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • Low

Votes: 10 37.0%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
VOTE ABOVE
38DF4527-94C4-42B0-80EB-073100715D89.jpeg

Reactions: Ken and Gullyjumper

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
We'll gully so far 85 views and an incredible 7 votes......
Looks like it's going to be a high fender for the punisher.......
Mike from NC

Reactions: Ken

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
104 views... The vote is still. 6 to1 for the high fender...
7 votes . We are on a roll now !...LOL

Registered
High mount, just because I hate to see anyone get the dreaded mud-lock where the front wheel absolutely will not turn due to mud being compressed up into the fairly inaccessible pinch point where stock fender's cross brace has the fender molding constrict , thus reducing clearance significantly.
Anyone experiencing this can attest to fact that TWs handle much better when the front wheel can rotate. Most have also observed that it is darn difficult to extricate said mud with only the OEM tool kit at hand.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
High mount, just because I hate to see anyone get the dreaded mud-lock where the front wheel absolutely will not turn due to mud being compressed up into the fairly inaccessible pinch point where stock fender's cross brace has the fender molding constrict , thus reducing clearance significantly.
Anyone experiencing this can attest to fact that TWs handle much better when the front wheel can rotate. Most have also observed that it is darn difficult to extricate said mud with only the OEM tool kit at hand.
I had this happen on one of my first rides , it really sucked

Registered
Going to take Freds advice and go with the after market high mount.
But what color?
What about black?

Registered
White or Black, but me personally....I'd go with Black on that bike.

Reactions: Gullyjumper

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
How about white with black pen striping on the fenders body lines ?

Registered

never seen the Biplane look before!

Registered
I'll be honest, I like the look of the low fender on these bikes but I've seen some damage occur from a low fender when offroading and I think high fender is the only way.

Registered
Keep the 2 hi-lo fender look.

Put my Black one on the bottom. Somewhat blend in and keep more dirt off you & bike, and the White will look like primary fender. 馃榿

Well, in my head it'd work.....I think. :unsure:

Registered
I have a few more options. Chop the back off of the top fender, leave the bottom fender but make it go a little further forward to look like the BMW with a beak. (I didn't think so, I don't like that goofy look either). Something I have thought about. How about the high mount fender but leave the crossbrace in place but modified. Modify the crossbrace with a slight downward angle to act as a mud scraper.

Registered
Keep the 2 hi-lo fender look.

Put my Black one on the bottom. Somewhat blend in and keep more dirt off you & bike, and the White will look like primary fender. 馃榿

Well, in my head it'd work.....I think. :unsure:
Put a fiberglass kit around the 2 fenders and you now have a storage box.

Registered
Chop the back off of the top fender, leave the bottom fender but make it go a little further forward to look like the BMW with a beak.
Yes . . . yes, yes, yes!
Except, rotate the bottom fender rearwards so it acts as a mudflap also. Paint the top fender Charcoal Silver to match the tanks Charcoal Silver leaving some of the beak's accents white. Paint the bottom one Black to match the tank's Black but leave the underneath of both fenders White. Add some one inch Yellow squares spaced one inch apart down the center of the top of the bottom fender to pay homage to Yamaha and Hurricane's winning streak.

Bob is gonna be so proud!

Reactions: Ken and Gullyjumper

Registered
I really think it depends on the riding you do. If you ride a lot on the street and you get a lot of rain, the low fender is going to keep the bike somewhat drier and cleaner. Other than that, the high fender looks better and obviously gives more clearance when riding in mud.

Registered
Unless you are in sticky mud, low fender is the way to go. At least from a protection standpoint.

I have a high/low/mudflap/beak fender on my Dakar. Not sure how well that would work on TWs...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts