TW200 Forum banner

Should gully run a high or low front fender....

• High

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • Low

Votes: 10 37.0%
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
‘04 TW200, Jets+Shims, DGV2, S-moto fender, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS DOT LED BLK, Moose Rack
197 Posts
They go low...

You go HIIIIGH!

·
Registered
‘04 TW200, Jets+Shims, DGV2, S-moto fender, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS DOT LED BLK, Moose Rack
197 Posts
What tire and fender are you running?
Shinko Trail Master E-700 130/80-18

Polisport SM Line Universal Front Fender

(Love the look & it channels engine cooling air both through the backside louvers and the front/topside scoop, plus the black sets it off nice & matches the mount bracket) Available in a bunch of colors, too.

ProCycle High Mount Front Fender adapter
(I was flush when I bought it, no time to fabricate, love it, but pricey & entirely optional)

I left a review (last one) on fender @ link below:

https://www.motosport.com/product/?cc=us&gclid=fe0cecc1e51016cc492b8cab857a22f8&gclsrc=3p.ds>_Body_Parts_and_Accessories_=>_Front_and_Rear_Fenders=>_Plastics_and_Plastic_Kits_=&key=Polisport-SM-Line-Universal-Front-Fender&msclkid=fe0cecc1e51016cc492b8cab857a22f8&product_id=PLS0020-X007-Y001&psreferrer=https://duckduckgo.com/&pssource=true&segment=badger&utm_campaign=Shopping%20-%20Dirt%20Bike%20Parts%20-%20B&utm_content=Dirt%20Bike%20Parts%20&utm_medium=pla&utm_source=bing&utm_term=4581183919841432&variant=PLS0020-X007-Y001

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Reactions: troll

·
Registered
545 Posts
High mount, just because I hate to see anyone get the dreaded mud-lock where the front wheel absolutely will not turn due to mud being compressed up into the fairly inaccessible pinch point where stock fender's cross brace has the fender molding constrict , thus reducing clearance significantly.
Anyone experiencing this can attest to fact that TWs handle much better when the front wheel can rotate. Most have also observed that it is darn difficult to extricate said mud with only the OEM tool kit at hand.
I had the stock fender attached in the upper position. It lets too much dirt get on the engine. GaryL had one 3/4” that I will have a friend make for spacers. I even modded up a fender extension.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
lol.. Yes. I use cutting boards for a lot of things. I use them for make templates when building things.

·
Super Moderator
18,912 Posts
I think the limit you can get away with is 7/8 of an inch. Anything more than that and it can hit.

·
Super Moderator
18,912 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
I dec
I had the stock fender attached in the upper position. It lets too much dirt get on the engine. GaryL had one 3/4” that I will have a friend make for spacers. I even modded up a fender extension.
I decided to go the spring riser mod instead. I made the springs so they are about 1&1/2 “ high, They can compress to about 3/4” if pushed down by the lower part of the triple tree. Doe this sound ok for the length? Will post a pic.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I also prefer the stock fender look, but I voted for high-mount. Ski Pro 3 (I think?) mentioned that when transporting the bike with a high-mount fender, he uses a spacer (like a wood block between) the fender and front tire. This allows the bike to be strapped down tightly without having to completely compress the forks. That's the main reason I plan on doing the modification myself. I dig that spring mod!

Reactions: Bucknutz
21 - 37 of 37 Posts