TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
I'll await your findings. :)

Reactions: MaddMaverick

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Comes with two of them. I just wonder if they can survive the dubs suspension lol. I did get to go to a big rig dealer today and Snoop around for some but they didn't have any fancy displays and all they had was factory OEM. Now he did show me a western star headlight set, but it has to be purchased as a unit, the bucket assembly with both lights .. they looked like they would fit, they aren't as deep as a sealed beam one, so it's almost identical to the depth of the tw one. I didn't ask the price. Had to be in the 2 grand range knowing Western Star. But he wasn't sure if the one had both high and low without taking the bucket off to look at the wiring and it was new part still sealed in wrapper so that was out of the question. There was an older trucker in there that remembers seeing the lights I'm thinking of but he feels it was at a Peterbilt dealer that he saw them. I'm leaning more towards it being a Kenworth dealer cause it was classier than most if i remember right. Oh well. The search continues.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why the manufacturers are only pushing the glaring blinding lights..

Reactions: Fred

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Goody goody it's out for delivery today. Watch it rain tonight lol.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried the first one. Wasn't as bright as factory bulb, pattern looked fairly decent on the wall. The high beam was disappointing too. Color was correct though and the base is adjustable for more spot or more flood effect Soo swapped it to the more flood setting and it wasn't too bad at all other than dimmer than factory.
Tried the second bulb out and it was just wow, color temp was spot on, much brighter than stock, low beam pattern was good, high beam looked great and within five seconds of that, it burned up lol. I am going to dissect and see if The drivers can be swapped with better quality.
On the more spot setting the factory headlight seal will work with it. The fan sticks outside the seal.

Reactions: oldworld 124

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At least Alibaba actually settles disputes.. i honestly expected to be SOL. Full refund. And i don't have to ship back.

Reactions: SpeedyTide
1 - 7 of 7 Posts