TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice everytime I go up a steep hill or turn sharp and gas it that the front sprocket slips or something. What could cause this.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Chain too loose. Sprocket and/or chain worn out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So can anyone let me know which chain and sprocket size ill need please. I know chain isn't too loose cause it's good and tight

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
So can anyone let me know which chain and sprocket size ill need please. I know chain isn't too loose cause it's good and tight

Stock sprockets are 14T front, 50T rear. Chain is a 428, 122 links.

Define "good and tight". It it's too tight you'll wear out chains and sprockets prematurely and risk tearing out the output shaft when your suspension compresses.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I mean it's not so tight that stuff will snap but tight enough not to fly off the sprocket. What brand is good
Yamaha sprockets are good quality, and surprisingly reasonably priced from the online parts houses. JT, Sunstar, and Parts Unlimited also sell good quality sprockets.

EK, RK, and DID all make a dandy o-ring chain in the 428 size that fits TWs. Some people say the o-rings suck power, but most of us can't tell the difference, and the o-rings cut waaaaaaay down on maintenance, almost to the point of total neglect, while providing a long useful life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts