TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Body hunched low toward the handlebar, throttle cables stretched to their limit eeking out 16 pavement ravaging horsepower, 67mm piston exploding downward thousands of times a minute creating a frantic staccato wailing into the cool morning air, tread blocks howling as they claw for grip through every turn, sparks flying from the foot pegs while they gently caress the road surface like a fingertip across fine china, rider and motorcycle like lovers dancing on the edge of a razor, many drive...only the chosen ride...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Two questions.

1. Where did you get the extra three horsepower?

2. Did you actually manage to successfully drag the pegs with stock tires?

Nicely stated, regardless. 8=)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Two questions.

1. Where did you get the extra three horsepower?

2. Did you actually manage to successfully drag the pegs with stock tires?

Nicely stated, regardless. 8=)

1. Just going by the rated crank HP

2. No that's the artistic license part, but I am getting quite a ways over on it according to the tread blocks

I did try to convey the feeling of a spirited ride through the twisties

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
everyone's a critic.... nice poetic license. ride on!

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
I was also wonder about dragging the pegs -- stock tires hold the asphalt really well until there is a teeny tiny bit of moisture on the road and then they let go, or at least the back one does.

Nice verse!

9000 rpm = 150 revs / second or 75 explosions per second. Is the intake valve open long enough to actually fill the cylinder? The answer is yes but I don't see how!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Body hunched low toward the handlebar, throttle cables stretched to their limit eeking out 16 pavement ravaging horsepower, 67mm piston exploding downward thousands of times a minute creating a frantic staccato wailing into the cool morning air, tread blocks howling as they claw for grip through every turn, sparks flying from the foot pegs while they gently caress the road surface like a fingertip across fine china, rider and motorcycle like lovers dancing on the edge of a razor, many drive...only the chosen ride...
Sounds like you were riding the tail of the dragon..... We did that this week........ Man what a ride. OMM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts