TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's mine. :D It should make Christmas morning interesting....

Daisy Cork Rifle- Carnival Cork Rifle

Ah yes, the County Fair. Covertly making sure the cork was coated with a bit of spit. Painstakingly pressing it in perfectly...and impressing the 10 year old girls with your stuffed animal winning ability. Priceless.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Now that's cool. One of my fondest memories is when me & some buddies set up a "carnival" in our backyard, with several booths, each with a version of some arcade game, then rode around the neighborhood hollering at all the other kids to come to the carnival. Was a great success, as we made a few dollars revenue. That cork gun would be a hit in the back yard, shooting at plastic cups or something. Thanks for sharing this. Just might have to get me one! Heck, my birthday is on Friday. This could be the gift!

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
WOW Borneo, you are dragging up some old memories so I have to convey our story. To set the time I had to be between 8-10 years old so 1960 or so. My brother is 2 years older and we had our Christmas tree set up in the finished basement. Mom and Dad banned us from going down stairs the afternoon of Christmas Eve as they were wrapping presents and getting things ready for the morning. Dad was up all night long doing something down there and we were beside ourselves with wonder. It was a good year for dad at work and his boss gave him a fat bonus to make sure us kids had a great Christmas.

Christmas morning came and we got down stairs to see a giant cardboard shooting gallery that was the size of a small refrigerator. It had a motor from the erector set that made duck move across the bottom and a pendulum type of moving target swinging back and forth with a bell in the middle when you hit the bulls eye. Two of those Daisey cork guns and a few bags of 100 corks. It was a complete surprise and we had a blast. Me and my brother also got our first BB guns, mine was a pump and his was a red rider lever action. Our younger sister got a bunch of Barbie crap and an EZ bake oven so she was very happy. Mom and Dad went to bed but don't think they were doing much sleeping while we stayed downstairs playing with our new toys. Cork guns got old real quick because they had pretty lousy accuracy so you can probably figure out the rest of this story. Dad spent hours folding and putting that big target gallery together so it worked just right and me and brother got to work in the basement with our new BB guns on it. Boy was Dad pissed when he came down and saw the ducks all tore up and we had shot the bell right off the pendulum. We lost the BB guns the same day we got them! Mom just stood there and said those famous words, "I told you so"!

We still laugh about that Christmas day to this very day and will this Christmas too. My brother who has 2 sons is a bit of a slow learner or has a rather poor memory of our childhood antics or it could just be he had more trust with his own sons. He bought them both BB guns one Christmas and I reminded him of our first BB guns. His sons were pissed the morning of Christmas when they opened up their new Daisey's only to find Dad had forgot to buy BBs. Actually, he bought plenty but had them locked up in his gun cabinet and only gave them to the boys when they went outdoors with some very strict rules attached. They both lost their guns when the younger one came in crying and Mom had to remove a BB from his rear that was just under the skin.

A great time was had by all!

Thanks for reminding me.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I have that same size reel with the LL feature, line leader button that allows line out when a fish hits until you turn the handle and lock the spool. Great reels for sure and I bought it from an Amazon seller last summer for $109, Great Houshold out of Lexington. KY.

I also bought a second spool for it so I have one with heavy line for stripers and blues and another with 10 pound for bass and trout. That came from Scott's Bait and Tackle in little egg harbor, NJ.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I was thinking about the live line option but it will be used 99% of the time with lures. I have the Penn Battle II on my 9' and it is awesome, I want to give this a try with a 7'.

I have that same size reel with the LL feature, line leader button that allows line out when a fish hits until you turn the handle and lock the spool. Great reels for sure and I bought it from an Amazon seller last summer for $109, Great Houshold out of Lexington. KY.

I also bought a second spool for it so I have one with heavy line for stripers and blues and another with 10 pound for bass and trout. That came from Scott's Bait and Tackle in little egg harbor, NJ.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
5,149 Posts

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I was thinking about the live line option but it will be used 99% of the time with lures. I have the Penn Battle II on my 9' and it is awesome, I want to give this a try with a 7'.
Sending a PM so as not to jack this thread any further!

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
17,964 Posts

·
Registered
20,189 Posts
After driving by numerous homeless on the frigid streets last night on my way home from a sumptuous Christmas Party I felt a little sharing was in order. Stupid to hang onto pants too small for my expanding waistline. How many parkas and vests goes a guy need anyways? The recipients are a homeless encampment of tents, not enough space in the few indoor shelters. These less fortunate are immersed in the cold most of the day and all night. Was low twenties last night so an unused sleeping bag, fleece pants and some blankets may get new homes too.

Besides I already treated myself to an early Christmas with helmet and lights for TW and truck plus a nice bottle of scotch. I'll ask Santa for a new windshield too. I am really not that selfless.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Mine arrived early!

IMG_0923.JPG

GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Post something you actually hope to get for Christmas!

A Hammer.
I will bet I have one you don't have Admiral! Just a regular hammer but a very old improvement you probably never knew existed.

GaryL

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
A nice sunny day to go riding with some fellow TWer's would make my Christmas.

Those sunny days this time of year in the PNW are way far between. Our fence posts are still under water as are most the valleys. Supposed to have a short clearing, but then another onset behind it.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts