TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deal's Gap from 2008... my Southern friends have some awesome riding!!!

The "tree of shame" and me... busted-up pieces of motorcycle from people crashing on route 129

Me with some beautiful scenery

Me riding my Bandit on the Dragon

The dam that was featured in the movie "The Fugitive"

the giant motorcycle outside the "Wheels through Time" motorcycle museum near deal's Gap, featuring my friend Chris

An interesting chase I saw on the Dragon

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Never done Deal's Gap, but it's on our list. I think that's the first time I've seen a pic of the "Tree of Shame".

Mulholland Drive, Cali coast:

Rock Store on Mulholland. Nice place to view some pretty impressive machinery of all types coming and going over the course of a day. This feller shows up pretty frequently, usually riding something weird and cool. I think he was stealing my gal:

Indy Jones may ride a GS but he secretly suffers skinny tire insecurities. They were curious enough to hang out at our TW's until I showed up to explain them. Someone said "Dude, Harrison Ford is under your bike!" I said something like "Yeah, right", then finally walked over there after several other folks told me the same thing. In person Harrison Ford looks like a dude who happens to look a lot like Harrison Ford:

You're literally taking your life in your hands on a busy weekend at many of SoCal's more popular "motorcycle destinations" and nothing like the celebrity sitings of that particular day has happened before or since. But when we've been brave or bored enough to bother with them we've been lucky enough to have met some other folks including some of my old heroes like Dan Gurney out testing one of his "Gurney Gators" on Ortega, etc.

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Here are me and my riding partners in beautiful downtown Boswell Arkansas

And a little "Scenery" I found in Deadwood South Dakota, plus some random shots from a few of my adventures.

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
Some great destination's if I ever made it back east or south (California) ha ha. Deal's Gap of course, been to Mt Rushmore on my Sportster years back and would love to visit again on the TW, and oh so many places in California.

If you ever make it up this way, here's some ok places

Snake River (this one south of Kuna Id, above Swan Falls Dam)

South Fork Boise River (Danskin ohv area)

Lot's of places close by Boise

Numerous Fire Lookouts (Packer John Lookout Crouch/Banks Id. with Truelight)

Many Forest Service Cabin rentals (North Basin east of Salmon, Id.)

Silver City, Id (with kid 3)

Leslie Gulch area (S.E. Oregon, Owyhee Reservoir)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts