TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We’ve recently discovered a “glitch” when posting pictures from some devices

Normally, using a PC or laptop, simply go “advanced”, and everything works as normal – but some people have reported difficulties on I phones and the like

The first thing to note, is that many I phone users have the picture settings on “normal”. In the case of Apple, this means that the resulting picture will be the size of a bed sheet, and often over 5mb in size. This might make you feel good about your phone, but as you will soon discover, the site cannot handle pictures of that size

Rather than fart about re-sizing these humungous pictures, why not change your phone settings to something more realistic ?

1024 x (whatever) is usually a good starting point – anything more than that is asking the site to “re-size” the picture for you – and therein lies the problem

Our “VSAdmin” people have come up with a “work around” if you can’t access the “advanced” option – it can be found here - Announcements - Technical Write-Ups

With the increasing amount of devices around these days, all of which have individual “needs”, it’s often hard to keep on top of all them, but we’ll always do our best to help

If you experience any other problems, or find that you are having difficulties in using the site, please post your issue here - Site Help and Support

It would be a great help if you could include details of your OS, browser etc at the same time, and make sure you have cleared your cache and cookies first – any issues on that board can then be escalated to the “relevant powers”, who will respond as soon as possible …… ;)

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Well, I'm glad that works @TopPredator! What happens when you try to post a photo with the text?

Erik
You get a link that you have to click on to view the picture. The links work sporadically.

·
Administrator
412 Posts
So then no actual image whether its a thumbnail or full size appears, just a link 'attachment'? Do you have the link to the posts containing these? We can check to see if a rebuild (a process) on attachments might help restore these but it'll be useful to have an example where the image doesn't show but a text link instead, to test if the rebuild worked or not.

Thanks,
Nate

·
Registered
19,391 Posts
Post#6 images are invalid links for me on MacBook Air. This a failed er-build?

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I’ll continue to use my work around until it’s fixed

·
Registered
231 Posts
I’ve been trying to upload a profile photo for a couple of weeks. No luck so far. I’ve tried using my iPad and my PC. I’ve continued to reduce the size of the photo all the way down to its present size of 10kb with 50kb being the maximum. Ive tried using different photos. I’ve tried using Fliker.
I must be doing something incorrect, but I have no ideas at this point. Since I’m a fairly new member, is there a time or number of posts requirement I’m not meeting?

·
Administrator
412 Posts
Hi @Gastone165. There are no posting requirements in order to be able to upload a profile photo to your account. What browser are you using to try to access the site?

Erik

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Erik, I’m using my IPad and have tried with my PC using Google Chrome.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Purple, I am making one last attempt before sending you a personal email. Hopefully this works

No luck. It appears there will be no profile photo for me. 😢 lol. I’ll figure it out eventually.

·
Super Moderator
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Purple, I am making one last attempt before sending you a personal email. Hopefully this works

No luck. It appears there will be no profile photo for me. 😢 lol. I’ll figure it out eventually.
Sorted .....

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
@toppredator what happens when you do it on enhanced mobile view?
What browser are you on? I'll do some testing and see if I can replicate the issue.

Ed
I don’t use the enhanced mobile view because I don’t care for it. I’m using the Safari browse.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts