TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Lord Jesus,

We lift up our friend and brother Gene to you. Please be with him and guide the doctors during this surgery. Give them wisdom and we pray for the complete success in the removal of this cancer.

You are the Great Healer!! Thank you Lord!!

"Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise." ~ Jeremiah 17:14

"Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven." ~ James 5:14-15

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." ~ Isaiah 41:10

"Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed." ~ Isaiah 53:4-5

"But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,’ declares the LORD" ~ Jeremiah 30:17

“See now that I myself am he! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand." ~ Deuteronomy 32:39

"if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place." ~ 2 Chronicles 7:14-15

·
Registered
118 Posts
LT has contacted me for and up-date and I can happily report that I survived the 2 hour procedure in the Operating room at the VA hospitol.

As a result of this exploreatory procedure into the airways of my left lung using a gps remote controlled device ( some type of Scope ) that was also capable of taking biopsy's, It has been determinde visually that the cancer appears not to have made it to my lymph node system. Which would of resulted in chemo for that, as well as radiation for the origional small area of detected cancer.

These were the only two treatment options available in my case as it has been determined that I am not a good candiate for any type of actual surgery to correct or remove any of this as I do very poorly when it comes to my lungs due to the COPD. I also have a very bad past history with general anastesia when it comes to getting me breathing back on my own again after ventolator is removed. ( this has in the past resulted in rather long stays in ICU following past shoulder and hernia surgeies. )

I go in Monday afternoon for a "Pet Scan " with radiation to make sure any other hot spots are absent before I once again get put back on a Radiation Schedule.

Should all be clear other than the original area of cancer, I'm being given a 90-95 % chance of complete ellimination of this cancer issue.

Please continue to wish me luck with the Pet Scan as that is the only thing possibly standing between me and the radiation treatmnets I'm now looking forward to to cure all of this hopefully once and for all.

Gene Carroll aka: excalibur

·
Registered
118 Posts
Rest Assured ;) I have not given up riding the TW or any of the others at this point,,,,, in fact today I was on the Harley FLSS after installing a set of actual leather :eek::cool: throw over saddle bags. :cool:

I got caught in a brief rain down-pore 10 miles from home. :eek: :rolleyes:...

When not riding and still having rain coming down, I'm usually found in the shop getting the " new to me ", but now up and running, ( with a complete new top end ) yellow 78 Honda CT trail 90 looking good as I touch up paint some areas to get the bike back to looking as it should again.

I kind of live for these bikes and my 3 year old female Red Heller pup.... She's the best medicine I have found to help me get thru all that's taking place at the moment. :encouragement::D

Gene

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks to all who are expressing and/or sending both prayers and well wishes..... They mean more than you know and when I at times "Flash" on them it seems to always put a smile on my face and take a ton of weight off of my shoulders.

Gene

1 - 15 of 15 Posts