TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time of the year for all of us in the North East! What are you working on before the your first ride? What was your winter project? What are your plans for this season?

I pretty much just bought new stuff all winter. Without a garage or any means to work on my bike (and still be able to feel my fingers) keeps me inside on ebay, amazon, and procycle.

The Stash:

TUFF Lights LED Turn Signals

Shorai Battery

New Tires! TW31 130-80-18 TW34 180-80-14 (off amazon, cheapest place I found them.)

A used ttr225 gas tank (Going to strip er' down and repaint er')

What's To Come:

TrailTech Speedo/Tach and dash indicators

What about yall?!

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
i have lots of maybes...maybe a new rear splash guard out of lexan with some cushion clamps to the frame...maybe a mounting system for a milk crate for my rear rack...maybe a snorkel system for my engine breather and pod filter...maybe tires if mine fail inspection...but i may also do none of this and just ride :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
just got mine in the fall so looking forward to some riding, mainly to my camp and to a few fishing holes.

thus far i have added atv bars, skid plate, wide steel pegs, led lights, top box on he cyclerack, ......
I am trimming turn length down so i dont break them off also mounting the tool tubes before i start riding.

want to add usb charging option to the bike
want a shorai battery.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
just got mine in the fall so looking forward to some riding, mainly to my camp and to a few fishing holes.

thus far i have added atv bars, skid plate, wide steel pegs, led lights, top box on he cyclerack, ......
I am trimming turn length down so i dont break them off also mounting the tool tubes before i start riding.

want a shorai battery.
no fishing pole holder?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

want a shorai battery.
Good stuff man! I bought mine at the begining of last season. It's been love ever since haha. I don't know what I like better ridding the Tdub or upgrading it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't wait to install these lil guys! I just tested them to see how bright they are and I was pretty impressed at these lil guys! I also bought a new LED tail light with integrated turn signals off ebay for 15 bucks. I can't say how good of quality it it but for 15 bucks I figured it was worth a shot. Worst comes to wost I put my LED tail light I have now back on and drop another 50 bucks for another pair of TUFF lites. Also here's my new previously loved TTR225 gas tank.

blinker.JPG taillight.jpg gastank.JPG

·
Registered
101 Posts
no fishing pole holder?
i have been dwelling in the holder, something will be done before spring! I think orvis may have a case that will fit the rack, i know the LL bean case I have now doesnt fit the way i want to mount it.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I have had a laundry list of things over this winter. Im glad i have a heated workshop..

For TW #1, I bought this one in Aug and its got close to 15k on the clock. The prior owner didn't treat it real nice so while cosmetically its all there it needed a little TLC. Thankfully i paid a song for it.
Rebuilt the top end ( it was burning oil)
rebuilt the carb (choke didn't work)
new rear brakes and rear tire. (both original, rear tire was quite worn)
new sprockets and chain. (worn out stock units)
rebuilt the forks. (never ever serviced, seals leaking and fluid like mud)
added a brake light blinker and LED brake light.
new front brakes. (worn out)

I already had added Pro Taper ATV high bars and a Shinko 244 on the front and tuned in the carb.

TW #2 i just bought in the last month. Its in perfect shape and really just needs farkles.
installed Cyclerack on the back
changed the fork oil
replaced the stock front with a Shinko 244.
installed Pro Taper ATV high bars
Installed DG exhaust
Installed MSR skid plate
Tuned carb with 130 main etc...

I also plan to replace the footpegs with IMS super stock pegs on both bikes(came today) an MSR skidplate(on the way) on TW#1 and add a taillight blinker and LED bulb to TW#2 this winter.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well, cant say much about upgrades but the one thing this year I'm gonna add to my Tdub is my butt on that seat more! LOL love your posts guys!! Woo Hoo!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have had a laundry list of things over this winter. Im glad i have a heated workshop..

For TW #1, I bought this one in Aug and its got close to 15k on the clock. The prior owner didn't treat it real nice so while cosmetically its all there it needed a little TLC. Thankfully i paid a song for it.
Rebuilt the top end ( it was burning oil)
rebuilt the carb (choke didn't work)
new rear brakes and rear tire. (both original, rear tire was quite worn)
new sprockets and chain. (worn out stock units)
rebuilt the forks. (never ever serviced, seals leaking and fluid like mud)
added a brake light blinker and LED brake light.
new front brakes. (worn out)

I already had added Pro Taper ATV high bars and a Shinko 244 on the front and tuned in the carb.

TW #2 i just bought in the last month. Its in perfect shape and really just needs farkles.
installed Cyclerack on the back
changed the fork oil
replaced the stock front with a Shinko 244.
installed Pro Taper ATV high bars
Installed DG exhaust
Installed MSR skid plate
Tuned carb with 130 main etc...

I also plan to replace the footpegs with IMS super stock pegs on both bikes(came today) an MSR skidplate(on the way) on TW#1 and add a taillight blinker and LED bulb to TW#2 this winter.
I envy you sir. I'm sitting home day dreaming about my bike. Just bought a vstar 1100 rear shock to lower mine down a lil bit so i can more comfortably ride with my girl on the back since I'm vertically challenged.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Point37;104243]...maybe a snorkel system for my engine breather and pod filter...
I would really like to see you build this. Very interested.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
I would really like to see you build this. Very interested.
it wouldn't be anything too fancy or pretty...probably some tubing, hose clamps and zip ties...since i have a hollow mod bike i am hesitant to ride into water with the setup i have...figured i would rig something up that is easily swapped out just to raise these 2 filters to a point where mud and water wouldn't get to them as easily...especially the breather since it is right on top of the engine

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Well, cant say much about upgrades but the one thing this year I'm gonna add to my Tdub is my butt on that seat more! LOL love your posts guys!! Woo Hoo!
This is great! I added your quote to the Best Quotes of 2014 thread. Good Stuff.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Never out of season here in Florida... Here are some things that will be going on the TW shortly (in the order they need to be installed):

Soon to be added:
1. New silencer (thanks Naluboy)
2. New tires front and back
3. New sprockets and chain
4. Ricochet skidplate
5. Bark Busters
6. Lizrdbrth Oil cooler (when they become available)
7. Cyclerack
8. Jimbo shield

To be added next year:
- Kick starter (maybe sooner if I can scare the money out of my wife).
- taller bars
- longer pegs
- fork solution
- stronger rear spring
- LED lights all around
- cam
- bigger tank if I find I absolutely need one
- Braided brake line
- folding mirrors
- folding gearshift

On the fence about:
Fuel injection Small Engine Fuel Injection Kit - Small Engine EFI conversion kit
Moto-mule trailer Get your own moto-mule trailer

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi to all out there, been a long time since I last posted. Getfing the tw bug again myself, pulled my 07 out and proceeded to read here and order parts. So far:

DMO Pegs -installed today - nice
Cycle gear short stalk signals - front on waiting on rear
Procycle led tail light and bracket - shipped
New ebay $39.00 battery - shipped
Rox 2" bar risers - shipped
Shinko 241 trials tire -ordered
Bought parts at hardware store to raise fender 3/4"
Have some nice aluminum fat bars w/o cross bar off trials bike I'm going to try
Changing all fluids and fork oil
Still want to order walmart seat pad but dont know if I should just wait and get the seat concepts seat.

Can't wait to get it all together and get some decent weather to ride in. It snowed here in Va Beach again yesterday.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts