TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could try to post in Adventure,Off-Road, Trails, since I did see a blue TW today, and I do want to ride there again, and Adam and I rode near
there July 4th but I shall post here to add visuals to today's Off Topics.
Why? Almost full moon makes for sublime night paddling and wandering the granite slick rock region. Patches of glacial polished rock abound, smooth like granite countertop. Large erratics (rounded boulders transported by glaciers and then left by the retreating ice) dot the soothed surfaces adding visual relief. Wildflowers abound as it is still spring @ 8,000 ft. Crystal clear lakes are full, crisp clean streams flow from trout pool to pool. Very tranquil and scenic. Many excellent campsites are now only accessible by bike or foot so a TW-based camp trip seems ideal. P1020047.jpg P1020072.jpg P1020195.jpg P1020041.JPG P1020164.jpg

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
And here a a few more of wildflowers, nosy dog photo assistant, water polished and scalloped stream side rock and scenic river bottomland P1020132.jpg P1020176.jpg P1020125.JPG P1020177.JPG P1020152.JPG Can anyone help me learn how to post bigger sized photos?

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
What utility are you using to post?

Tom

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From my Apple macbook using Safari I access Forum, post pics using forum's default posting link, select photo from laptops document list. This help?

·
Registered
976 Posts
What a gorgeous area!

I've really got to get over to California more often, so many beautiful places to explore there.

·
Registered
13,662 Posts
Boy Fred, you take some wonderful photo's!

I'd like to help with your photo size issued, but use different equipment/method than you do. What I do is download photo's from camera/SD card to my PC. I edit/resize the photo in microsoft office picture manager. I then upload to picasaweb, then copy/paste into my posts. I don't like to upload directly from my computer if I don't have too. It makes my picture's small like yours. However, I just click on your photo's and that makes them larger to see.

Whatever the method, thanks for sharing your photo's!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Beautiful pics! That is an area I want to explore someday. Thanks for sharing your beautiful surroundings with us. I also liked the dog pic, but they were all great.

Admiral covered the process of posting larger pictures well. There is also some insight here.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
B-dub, thank you for the excellant tutorial on getting larger image size posts so you folks do not need to "click" to enlarge. Very concise explanation and instructions. Many thanks as I am all thumbs when I get in front of computer. -Fred

The area around Utica is so scenic that a pretty picture is almost unavoidable, just point camera anywhere. The moderately open terrain allows one to wander around independent of roads or trails to find interesting examples of natural beauty. I never saw quite the variety and numbers of wildflowers there before. Interesting succulents resistant to winter freezing abound, looks like the coastal ice-plants of my youth. At only 7,500 ft the Bristlecone Pines look so robust and healthy compared to their more famous gnarly tortured 10,000 ft. cousins. The glacial features fascinate me too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts