TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my bike with an aftermarket MSR shifter. I like this style of shifter, but this one is too long for me. I wear a size 9 boot and every other bike I own has a pedal-to-shifter length of about 5 inches. The TW has a 7 inch span. Also, the tip of the shifter and the angle of my footpeg oppose each other, so it just seems goofy.

Is my footpeg bent back? I can get after it with a torch and sledge hammer if so..

I've seen a few people mention a 18 dollar shifter from Moose Racing (2005-2008 YZ250 application.) Is that lever shorter than the one I have on my bike? I'm looking to get more close to the 5-5.5" gap range.

This is a Suzuki TS250 I have in the garage for reference

I find the Suzuki to be just about perfect for me.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Instead of banging on it with a hammer, I should probably just buy replacements, haha.

I am still riding the bike fine and it's not goofing me up in traffic, but it's doing a number on the toe of my fancy Redwing boots.. I think I am going to look for a factory shifter with a rubber cover. Is anyone reading this in the mood to sell theirs?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Instead of banging on it with a hammer, I should probably just buy replacements, haha.

I am still riding the bike fine and it's not goofing me up in traffic, but it's doing a number on the toe of my fancy Redwing boots.. I think I am going to look for a factory shifter with a rubber cover. Is anyone reading this in the mood to sell theirs?

I would trade ya my stock shifter for the Fancy MSR shifter you have.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Send yours first, haha I've already missed out on a month of riding due to cold weather
It looks like an 18 dollar affair to get new parts from the online parts sellers. I may scavenge my parts bins. Maybe the splines match up to something I have laying around.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
You can buy my stock shifter. It's in great shape. Email me... I replaced mine with a sunline and I love it.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I get parts from servicehonda.com. It looks like it'd be under 20 dollars to buy the OEM shifter and rubber part. But I'll send you some mail.

What Sunline shifter did you get? Is it shorter than this MSR one? I liked one that I had on one of my old bikes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts