TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth it?

I love dealing with ProCycle, I really do...when I bought my DR650, they were the GO TO guys for parts and I'm pretty sure I spent kids' education in that store.
To address the innate surging of the DR, I purchased their jet kit and found it to be useful...in that I used ONE of the jets and ONE of the washers.
When I had my XT225, I bought their jetting kit and used ONE of the jets and ONE of the washers. See where this is going?

I don't mind spending a few bucks, but does their jetting kit *really* make a difference in the TW? Is is measurable or subjective?

Who here has bought and installed the PC jetting kit and how did it make your TW better?

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
I have the early model carburetor and I get my jets from Aliexpress. They cost $11 for 12 jets and you pick the sizes you want or get 2 or 3 of the same size and 4 different sizes. Mix any way you want. This is for main jets. Pilot jets are also available for the same deal. The down side is they ship from China and it might take a while.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32261782626.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dJg66F4

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
yes i bought the jet kit and it was worth it to have a great running bike. and the kit i bought just keeps on giving, i just used one of the washers from that kit to fix a starting problem with my new dr200. many more parts left for hopefully more uses

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i bought the jet kit and it was worth it to have a great running bike. and the kit i bought just keeps on giving, i just used one of the washers from that kit to fix a starting problem with my new dr200. many more parts left for hopefully more uses
So it made a noticeable difference?

·
Registered
19 Posts
What comes in the kit? Is there new a slide spring, Drill bit, mains, and a pilot like the Dynojet jet kit?
I emailed Dynojet about an issue I’m having, but they haven’t got back to me yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
19 Posts
My 2013 is hesitating on quick throttle opening. I’ve messed with jetting, bought jets, both pilot and main. I’d buy a kit, but if it’s just a couple jets, I can’t see how that would fix my issue. I believe I’m dealing with a slide opening to fast or to slow and choking the engine.
Dynojet kits come with new slide springs.
Although not positive that’s gonna fix it either. I emailed Dynojet asking for a guarantee

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
My 2013 is hesitating on quick throttle opening....
Depends on how much of a hesitation. On a CV carb there is always a "slight" hesitation while the vacuum from the engine raises the slide. It's most apparent when you "whack" open the throttle.

If you want instant response, a "slide" carb will react better where the throttle cable directly lifts the slide.

jb

·
Registered
19 Posts
Depends on how much of a hesitation. On a CV carb there is always a "slight" hesitation while the vacuum from the engine raises the slide. It's most apparent when you "whack" open the throttle.

If you want instant response, a "slide" carb will react better where the throttle cable directly lifts the slide.

jb
It’s more of a “choke” then a “slow response” kind of hesitation. Definitely not normal. I see loads of videos of guys giving their TW’s a shot of gas and getting a little wheelie off of a trail bump. Mine will not,,, it will cough and fall on its face. Then about 1/2 to one second after the throttle input it will rev and go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts