TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just did the red spring on my tw. Unless you're over 235lbs drop the clip to the lowest groove. I weigh 225 and for me the middle groove was a little to stiff. On the lowest groove the small bumps are smoother than stock and the big high speed stuff still won't bottom out the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thinking about going with the white spring as the wife is lighter than me. Also the Dub spends most of it's time on the road so it needs to be a little soft. That said I'm also planning on a set of stiffer fork springs to balance it out.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Curious what spring you chose for the front end, 20 or 40 percent.

Thanks.
I'm not him but I just purchased the .60 or 20% springs. I love them, the bike brakes way better on the street to. My bike feels pretty complete now. I weigh 221 lbs. I would have replaced my fork springs much earlier if I'd know how much they would have improved my tw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D
Thank you :)

Appreciate the info on the spring rate. I'm about to switch my rear spring, along with the front and was curious what would be better, I'm about 240 lbs, but often have a passenger, usually 70-100 pounds depending.

·
Registered
287 Posts

Appreciate the info on the spring rate. I'm about to switch my rear spring, along with the front and was curious what would be better, I'm about 240 lbs, but often have a passenger, usually 70-100 pounds depending.
I'm 221 and often carry my 60 lb daughter. The red spring on the middle groove was to stiff. The bottom groove works good for me and when daughter is also on the back. In my opinion the .60 mm 20% fork springs are a very good match for the red spring on the bottom groove.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
I'd go with the heaviest all around if you often have a passenger, but the heavier spring in the rear might feel a bit stiff riding alone.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm going to put the white spring on the shock today. I also went with the 20 percent springs in the forks along with 10wt. oil set at 130mm. Took a test ride into a few ditches and it feels much better. Not as much dive but not so stiff that its jarring on the street. Also the braided steel line make the front brake feel much more solid with better power. Guess my 14 year old stock line may have had a little bit of give.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm going to put the white spring on the shock today. I also went with the 20 percent springs in the forks along with 10wt. oil set at 130mm. Took a test ride into a few ditches and it feels much better. Not as much dive but not so stiff that its jarring on the street. Also the braided steel line make the front brake feel much more solid with better power. Guess my 14 year old stock line may have had a little bit of give.
It's amazing how much of a difference a good braided brake line makes. I'm going to be changing mine very soon.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That and a set of EBC HH pads makes a lot of difference. Must be why I have them on all my bikes now.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
An update. I decided to take a little cross country trip on the way to work this morning. So jump the curb and into the big ditch. Up the other side and get up some speed to cross a few more ruts and bumps. WEEEEE!!!!
It works!!! They really freaking works. While it not turn the Dub into an MX bike it still is a big improvement.:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts