TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two notices of new posts in a thread I am subscribed to, Off Topic section thread "I love our throw away society. When I go to read the new posts I get taken straight to the #1 post and the 2 new posts are not there. Just the notices in my email from RaZed1 and Xracer but their posts are not in the thread.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
4,851 Posts
Beats me - I keep getting directed back to post one on the first page every time

It's midnight here in the UK - if the problem persists by noon (my time) tomorrow then I'll "escalate" - usually fixes itself in a few hours in my experience ......

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beats me - I keep getting directed back to post one on the first page every time

It's midnight here in the UK - if the problem persists by noon (my time) tomorrow then I'll "escalate" - usually fixes itself in a few hours in my experience ......
YUP! Stagewex just posted on that thread and he is not showing either.

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
805 Posts
Someone posted, then thought better of it and deleted their post. Before deleting, the website sent out an e-mail to you that there is a new post in the thread.
Well, it COULD happen....

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Someone posted, then thought better of it and deleted their post. Before deleting, the website sent out an e-mail to you that there is a new post in the thread.
Well, it COULD happen....
That was my immediate impression and it certainly does happen. After three different posters in that thread I became suspicious plus the fact that when I click to follow the new posts it brings me directly to post #1 in the thread rather than to the last or most recent post.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
You can subscribe to a thread/post? I never new that.

You guys are too computer savvy for me. HaHa.

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can subscribe to a thread/post? I never new that.

You guys are too computer savvy for me. HaHa.
Mike, I am pretty sure once you post in a thread you are automatically subscribed to it and will get notified when new posts go in it. That could be something you checked in your initial profile settings but that is how it has always worked for me.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is the first time I ever saw this happen but yes, I can see it all now.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
318 Posts
That is the first time I ever saw this happen but yes, I can see it all now.

GaryL
It's actually been happening more often since the migration to Google Cloud. I'm seeing it on a couple of my other sites from time to time. Not crippling, but certainly annoying when it happens. Please let me know if you see it again....there are a couple of tricks I've been told of that I can try.

Neil

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's actually been happening more often since the migration to Google Cloud. I'm seeing it on a couple of my other sites from time to time. Not crippling, but certainly annoying when it happens. Please let me know if you see it again....there are a couple of tricks I've been told of that I can try.

Neil
It is not easy to spot these "Stuck" threads. As Skipro mentioned sometimes a poster makes a post and then decides he wished he had not and just deletes it. We get the notice and go to the thread and it is already gone. I caught this one because 2 members posted close together but neither were in the thread and instead of taking me to the most recent post it took me to the first post in the thread. Then a third guy posted and it too was not there.

Sorry about your Cloud problem. It is 98 here and not a cloud in the sky but sticky as all get out outdoors.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
318 Posts
This is true. When I've seen it before, the original poster messaged me asking "what happened to the rest of my thread?". That's usually a clue. ;)

Neil

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This thread is no longer having issues though correct? or is it still on going?

- JB
The thread seems to be working fine now since it got repaired. Now if we could just get you and WERA689 banned from the "Off Topic" section we could get back to having some fun. There is an election coming and all sorts of juicy news on a daily basis we could be poking each other over.

GaryL

1 - 20 of 28 Posts