TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put them in today the PC springs and plastic spacer is 19.1/2 inches and the stock is 19.1/4. with spacer and washer. PC spring is 19 inches and stock is 12. 1/2. I set my fluid 10 W. at 130 MM. 11001383_10204873379386344_1874438251_o.jpg

·
Banned
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My bike is now a real off-road bike. 11008935_10204830889324119_585679126_n.jpg not a bottoming out Pogo stick.

·
Banned
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took it for a ride today off-road much better different bike.

·
Registered
6,458 Posts
Took it for a ride today off-road much better different bike.
Money well spent then. Mine rarely bottoms out so I must not be riding it hard enough.

Tom

·
Banned
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Money well spent then. Mine rarely bottoms out so I must not be riding it hard enough.

Tom
I notice better traction and the front does not dive in hard braking.

Reactions: TWilight

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I'm gonna order up the Fork Solution kit around mid-month... waiting til my R6 arrives to see if I need to get one of the rear springs for it.

Rob

·
Super Moderator
14,180 Posts
Yep, got spacers in so my springs are good, just gunna get the emulators so I can tune the daming to control the springs.

Your post when you put in the spacers motivated me to do the same. I have been extremely satisfied with the result. Does not dive at all like it use too! Once you install the emulators, I'll be interested if the cost will be worth it, not for performance sake as much, but do I need it with my riding style.

I've also been really satisfied with the rear spring spacer. I copied you, except for the color of spacer:D.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I did the full fork solution kit on mine with the heaviest springs and that combined with the red rear spring has made it a different bike. No more pogo stick front or rear and a lot more control in the front end. I felt the damping differences instantly. The rear spring is a world better too, for me the stock one was way too soft especially if i had come gear with me.

I tried 3/4" spacers up front and was not happy with them at all, i could still make the front nose dive bigtime under braking and more than once i got bottomed out to the point of coil bind.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I did the full fork solution kit on mine with the heaviest springs and that combined with the red rear spring has made it a different bike. No more pogo stick front or rear and a lot more control in the front end. I felt the damping differences instantly. The rear spring is a world better too, for me the stock one was way too soft especially if i had come gear with me.

I tried 3/4" spacers up front and was not happy with them at all, i could still make the front nose dive bigtime under braking and more than once i got bottomed out to the point of coil bind.
Did you have to drill the damper rods when you did the Gold Valves?

Rob

·
Super Moderator
14,180 Posts

Riding my son's KTM 450 EXC and Werloc's spacer post got me going. Wanted to see if the spacer thing worked before spending money on Procycle Springs. It works to my satisfaction for now...until I ride my son's KTM again!:D If somebody wants to see if stiffer springs are what they want, but are afraid of the cost, try the spacers first. I'm sure if you like the ride with the spacers, you will for sure with Procycle's Springs.

I haven't had the same experience as you with the front fork using the spacers. On a ride a couple weeks ago I blew the seal on the right fork. I rode the rest of the weekend like that and with only 1 fork doing almost all the work, I only bottomed out a couple times on some pretty hard bumps. I will have to say the front seemed more soft with 1 working fork w/spacer, than it did with 2 forks w/o spacers. I can't ever remember bottoming out prior to my spacer installation, so that wasn't a problem. However, I did get rid of the "Pogo" effect on both ends with the spacers.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts

I added 3/4" spacers along with changing to 20wt fork oil, filling up to 125mm from top. "THAT" made the biggest difference.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I'm doing the full fork solution for the second time...I did my other bike last year. I am going to set the emulators a little looser this time because I'd like a little more of a plush feel initially. I load the bike up pretty heavy sometimes so they have made a big difference. Yes, you do drill the 4 existing holes larger, and add 2 more to the damper rods...its not a big deal but I guess there's no going back.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
yes Rob i did.

I may have went too far but i did them on my milling machine so i could get the spacing exact on both rods for the extra holes that need to be drilled( call me anal but i like things to be precise)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
yes Rob i did.

I may have went too far but i did them on my milling machine so i could get the spacing exact on both rods for the extra holes that need to be drilled( call me anal but i like things to be precise)
When I did my DR650 a couple of years ago, I didn't have the luxury of a milling machine or even a drill press, so I had to just do the best I could. They aren't perfect, but they seem to work just fine FWIW. This time, however, there's a drill press in my friend's shop so at least I have that to be a bit more precise.

Rob

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also recently bought the PC "heavyweight" springs for both front and rear. Are the spacers absolutely necessary for the front? Or can they be left out if the the springs feel stiff enough without them? The springs sit about 1/2 or so above the top of the tub anyway.

·
Banned
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I also recently bought the PC "heavyweight" springs for both front and rear. Are the spacers absolutely necessary for the front? Or can they be left out if the the springs feel stiff enough without them? The springs sit about 1/2 or so above the top of the tub anyway.
Yes put the spacers in and measure the fork oil with forks fully compressed without the springs in, then lift the bike forks and wheel off the ground then put the springs in and then spacer and put the caps on and then you are done.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts