TW200 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I am under the impression that the Procycle springs do not require the use of the OEM spacers because they are longer.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Yup, my mistake. I added the emulators = no spacer.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Ps. Thanks!

·
Banned
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I am under the impression that the Procycle springs do not require the use of the OEM spacers because they are longer.
The spacer that comes with the PC springs is 1/2 inch and the OEM one is 7 inches you would never get the fork caps on.

Reactions: TWilight

·
Super Moderator
18,537 Posts
Quote/TW2013: BTW.....Jim...Rhodetrip...everybody LOVES those TW200 lapel pins I have been handing out. They are a hit. Good job on your part ! :D

*Here is a link to the Lapel Pins for the new members who might want one. They go great on a hats, jackets, even on a Jimbo Shield!! And for 5 bucks you can't beat them. Quality Nice Work by our own beloved member Rhodetrip!! Please help support members who make us things for our TW's!!

Motorcycle Lapel Pin

Nice, huh? :) +1 Jim

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
The spacer that comes with the PC springs is 1/2 inch and the OEM one is 7 inches you would never get the fork caps on.
Yeah, I was thinking you must have REALLY stiffened them up!!:)
Forgot all about that one because it wasn't included with my kit.
There's a reason my head is shaped like a dunce cap.
Dunce-cap.jpg
My elementary school photo.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Yup, my mistake. I added the emulators = no spacer.

So, I just want to clarify this. If I bought the Emulators and the stiffer Springs from ProCycle, I would NOT use ANY spacer? Or do they give you a different spacer to use with that combo?

What if I only bought the Emulators, and used them with my stock springs? What size spacer is used? Or, do I just deduct the size/length of Emulator from the spacer length I have now?

One last question. Is there any model or part number on the Gold Valve/Emulator...?? I'm wondering if I can buy this somewhere else cheaper. If I knew what model or part number it was, I'm sure I can. It's not made "Only" for the TW. It should be the same unit for other bikes with 33mm fork tubes. Maybe I can Amazon or ebay it cheaper. I just don't have extra money to spend.

·
Super Moderator
14,208 Posts
Rhodetrip & wife are out on an adventure in New Mexico, Utah area's and may not be checking in very often to answer your question.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Bob,
The Pro cycle kit does not use a spacer at all with the emulators in. If you used them with stock springs you would cut the stock spacers( or leave them alone if you wanted more preload).

Let me see if i can dig up a part number for you, i may have picture of the box.

I have the PC solution kit and upgraded rear spring on both of my bikes and I am very happy with the results. My GF who is a green rider even comments on how much better her bike feels.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Yeah, cool. I know all about them. I've had them in other bikes in the passed. Just can't afford them from ProCycle right now. Yeah, if you can find anything on that box, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for that spacer info too.....:)

So I'm thinking they are Race Tech part number: FEGV 3301
That's their emulator for 33mm forks. If that's it, then I can get them much cheaper than ProCycle's price.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Timely thread. I'll need to do something about my suspension, as I'm still totally stock. It's unacceptable for me (200 lbs, somewhat aggressive rider) especially after hopping off my CR250. I totally agree with the "pogo" description!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah, cool. I know all about them. I've had them in other bikes in the passed. Just can't afford them from ProCycle right now. Yeah, if you can find anything on that box, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for that spacer info too.....:)

So I'm thinking they are Race Tech part number: FEGV 3301
That's their emulator for 33mm forks. If that's it, then I can get them much cheaper than ProCycle's price.
Do tell. I am gonna buy the 20% springs but I'm too cheap for the outrageous price they want for the emulators.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Ebay of course....;) I emailed Pro Tech today asking what model fits our TW's. I couldn't believe they don't list any for the TW on their website, and they make them. I'm waiting for a reply.

·
Banned
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I might be wrong but with this bike I do not think the emulator will be noticed.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Bob,
Took a look last night and i don't have any pics of the box :( boxes are long gone in the trash.

zdiver1, the emulators made a huge difference on both of my bikes. The TW has pretty poor damping action on the forks from the factory and the emulators go a long way to fixing that. They are definitely not a snake oil type product.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
The emulators will make a HUGE difference on the TW "IF" you know how to properly tune suspension. If not, than they wouldn't help, and could even make it worse. I have set these up in older bikes in the passed with very good results. I just can't see spending $159 for them, when I'm sure I can get them for $30 to $50 less. I just need the correct Pro Tech part or model number. I emailed Pro Tech a few days ago, and still no reply. That's not good. I expected something back from them by now.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Bob,
It is FEGV3301

21 - 40 of 47 Posts