TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, first time writing a forum so I hope I'm doing all this right! I own an 87 TW200 and I wanted to do something about the rear shock since it bottomed so easily and just felt awful offroad. Aftermarket replacement seems out of the question with quotes between 700 and 1100$. I bought a ProCycle 15kg/mm spring, which made a huge difference, but all the damping was off. So I sent the shock off to TCS Powersports to have it revalved. What a night and day difference! Amazing on the street and off road, with no more bottoming. For those of you looking for more suspension performance, I'd definitely recommend both of these upgrades. Cost me about 100$ less than a brand new OE shock, with much better performance, and less than half the price of a custom build

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I didn't know they could be revalved either until I stumbled across a link describing all their services.

They just asked for my weight and I gave them the information about the spring from ProCycle so they knew it different than stock. They seemed to get it pretty dialed with just those 2 items of information as I have yet to have any issues with it. I plan on riding some more aggressive trails and some single track this weekend, so I'll post back with an update to let you know how it's doing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Figured I'd update the post. I've done a lot of riding with the upgraded rear shock and have also upgraded the front suspension with the Cogent DDC and stiffer springs. The bike rides completely different. No more bottoming on small rocks or potholes and I feel like I have much more control over the bike. It'll even handle smaller jumps. I'd definitely recommend both of these upgrades for anybody looking to get better handling and control over their TW. Total cost for me to do both upgrades was about 650$ which I think is pretty good considering an aftermarket shock build was almost double that.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Thanks for the update ericf!

Reactions: ericf.patriot
1 - 6 of 6 Posts