TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see procycle is lurking we need a atv tire for the rear and we are going to the shinko 241.

Reactions: TWilight and HKLBRY

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
PM him.

Reactions: ZDR1

·
Registered
32 Posts
Unfortunately, we can't buy tires in boxcar quantities like Motorcycle Superstore does. We look very carefully at everything we price and balance those prices as well as we can. If my highest priority was to have cheap cheap prices I could not afford to hire and retain talented employees - like mrbracket for example. Without mrbracket we would not even have a TW200 page and just like the big cheap mass retailers we would not have anybody who even knows what a TW200 is.

My highest priority is to run a healthy business that is vital enough to attract and keep good knowledgeable enthusiastic employees. My biggest responsibility is to keep the business profitable. I have a dozen great people who depend on the health of ProCycle for their continued livelihood. I know very well just what we have to make in order to keep the books writing in black ink. Trying to match prices with companies that buy 1000 tires for every one tire I buy would be a quick way to find all of us looking for new jobs.

Some folks will always just want the cheapest they can find and don't care much who it comes from. That's fine, I do the same thing with some things I buy but I already know I don't want to run a business that plays that game. To try to compete on that level I would have to have a staff of minimum wage workers. There would be a lot of turnover and a lot of mistakes. I would always be hiring or firing someone. It wouldn't be any fun. Fun is the main reason all of us here at ProCycle got into motorcycles in the first place. Here's something I'm quite proud of - since opening ProCycle in 2002 I only have 2 ex-employees and one of those left to go back to grad school. I sometimes joke that we hire them for life. That isn't really that much of a joke. We hire very carefully and try to find the persons best strengths and put them to use. We also try to pay them as well as we can - which is generally much better than the majority of folks who work in the motorcycle business. We have also kept everyone working through the slow winter months. This dedication to employees means ProCycle is never going to be the cheapest place but I like to think it is the best place.

We offer some things that I think are of good value beyond having the lowest prices - TW stuff easy to find one one page, new products that would otherwise not even exist and people a customer can talk to who actually own and ride TWs and have firsthand knowledge and experience. Those are things you won't find anywhere else.

edit: I'll pass the note to mrbracket to make sure the Shinko 241 Trials and Duro ATV tire get added to the TW page.
We LIKE requests like that but sometines we have to be told a couple of times before it sinks in :D

·
Registered
604 Posts
You could get more for the Duro if you had a service that trimmed the bead like how you lighten the flywheel on the TTR125.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Procycle Thanks for the response to my PM, I would make a guess between my DR650 and the TW I have spent well over $6,000. with PC and will order more as I am looking at the tail light kit. We are trying to find a better rear offroad tire some are going to a ATV tire.
I am also zdiver1 on ADVRDR dr650. I even advertise for you for free. 704381_4708055191415_1640350820_o.jpg 10746751_10204029986302044_275474211_o.jpg 11000871_10204803424157507_305822361_o.jpg

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Personally, I can say that you guys have always gotten my orders correct and I've ordered quite a few things from you. I do appreciate that you spent the time to listen and respond very clearly. I get it. If you can, keep a 241 and a Duro around. I'm sure you will sell them here. Charge what you need to fairly and keep doing your best for your employee's. I admire your business ethics, keep up the good job. Please say hi to Mike for me.

Sincerely,
LittleTommy

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
On the TW specific portion of the website, I like the way you've put gasket kits together, in a couple of different choices. Maybe not the cheapest if I were to shop somewhere else, but I'll have 'em all when I need it.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PC what I would like is a Duro already mounted on new complete rear wheel.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Procycle is great and always try to buy from them. Enjoyed riding with Mrbracket who is a great guy and a total TW nut......

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
As HKLBRY mentioned above, a discount for forum members would be nice. I'm sure even a small discount offered would increase sales and dedicated buyers.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I buy from Procycle when it makes sense. Usually that's when I need for example, 3 things I can't get at one place and the shipping x3 adds up to more than the slightly higher procycle + 1 shipping. I will say they are fast and accurate, I just got an order from them last week.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Unfortunately, we can't buy tires in boxcar quantities like Motorcycle Superstore does. We look very carefully at everything we price and balance those prices as well as we can. If my highest priority was to have cheap cheap prices I could not afford to hire and retain talented employees - like mrbracket for example. Without mrbracket we would not even have a TW200 page and just like the big cheap mass retailers we would not have anybody who even knows what a TW200 is.

My highest priority is to run a healthy business that is vital enough to attract and keep good knowledgeable enthusiastic employees. My biggest responsibility is to keep the business profitable. I have a dozen great people who depend on the health of ProCycle for their continued livelihood. I know very well just what we have to make in order to keep the books writing in black ink. Trying to match prices with companies that buy 1000 tires for every one tire I buy would be a quick way to find all of us looking for new jobs.

Some folks will always just want the cheapest they can find and don't care much who it comes from. That's fine, I do the same thing with some things I buy but I already know I don't want to run a business that plays that game. To try to compete on that level I would have to have a staff of minimum wage workers. There would be a lot of turnover and a lot of mistakes. I would always be hiring or firing someone. It wouldn't be any fun. Fun is the main reason all of us here at ProCycle got into motorcycles in the first place. Here's something I'm quite proud of - since opening ProCycle in 2002 I only have 2 ex-employees and one of those left to go back to grad school. I sometimes joke that we hire them for life. That isn't really that much of a joke. We hire very carefully and try to find the persons best strengths and put them to use. We also try to pay them as well as we can - which is generally much better than the majority of folks who work in the motorcycle business. We have also kept everyone working through the slow winter months. This dedication to employees means ProCycle is never going to be the cheapest place but I like to think it is the best place.

We offer some things that I think are of good value beyond having the lowest prices - TW stuff easy to find one one page, new products that would otherwise not even exist and people a customer can talk to who actually own and ride TWs and have firsthand knowledge and experience. Those are things you won't find anywhere else.

edit: I'll pass the note to mrbracket to make sure the Shinko 241 Trials and Duro ATV tire get added to the TW page.
We LIKE requests like that but sometines we have to be told a couple of times before it sinks in :D
I have a question.
it's really hard to buy tires in TW sizes here in nz.
can you estimate the cost of shipping a set of tires to New Zealand?
i'm sure it won't be cheap - but if you can easily work out an estimate, it would really help!

kind regards
ken

Auckland New Zealand (post code 1022 if that helps)

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a question.
it's really hard to buy tires in TW sizes here in nz.
can you estimate the cost of shipping a set of tires to New Zealand?
i'm sure it won't be cheap - but if you can easily work out an estimate, it would really help!

kind regards
ken

Auckland New Zealand (post code 1022 if that helps)
I would ask them on here. https://www.procycle.us/email.html
You can calculate the shipping cost by adding items to the shopping cart and entering your country into the shipping calculator.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I would like to thank you all at PC for never messing up my orders, having a dedicated easy to use web site, and fast shipping.

Quality costs money. I am prepared to pay for what I want.

The only complaint I have is that you don't sell vintage Honda parts so I wouldn't have to deal with other people.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I would ask them on here. https://www.procycle.us/email.html
You can calculate the shipping cost by adding items to the shopping cart and entering your country into the shipping calculator.
yeah - as someone that ships a lot of stuff from the USA to here - those calculators are generally VERY inaccurate.
$235 US for shipping two tyres.
often asking nicely for the store to estimate results in a much better shipping cost.
i know it's not their fault i live so far away.

ken

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have bought a lot of parts in the last year on multiple orders and they never screwed up not once:) I really like that about them, I have called them with questions and they always take the time to talk to me, so thank you procycle for your great customer service.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
ProCycle is one of, if not THE, best motorcycle parts businesses out there. Like they said, staying profitable is key. And since they can't sell in the same volume as MC Superstore, naturally some prices will have to be higher. In many cases, this is well worth it because they actually STOCK these parts. It's worth it to pay a few bux extra to have the thing tomorrow from them than to wait a week for a special order that will take 3-4 days to arrive.

MY only "complaint" is that I wish they were open on Saturdays... even if only til noon or 1 pm. Since they're only an hour away from me, sometimes I realize I need a part that they would have, but it's Saturday so I'm stuck. I'd gladly hop on a bike or in my truck and run down there. But I know it's costly to pay people to be there on Saturdays if there's limited return on that investment.

Soon as I have a little more spare money, I have another order to place with ProCycle. :)

Rob

1 - 20 of 36 Posts