TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top Predator on one thread mentioned camping up at Gettysburg and how some might be interested. I live near Appomattox Ct. House and I go to the battlefield/surrender site on a regular basis as not only is it a beautiful national park but a wonderful place to reflect on our countries history. What I have a great animosity to is the forces that are trying to erase history by pulling down Confederate Statues and making the people of that day abide by our rules and "understandings" as is dictated today. If we allow history to be completely rewritten then we don't deserve to worry about the outcome. Nuff said.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm still mad that TV Land took Dukes of Hazzard off the air because of the flag. There wasn't one racist moment in the 7 years of the show. Why punish innocent fans of the show? Isn't America a place where you're only punished if you did something wrong?
I suppose the next step is to rename Washington DC because George Washington owned slaves. And if you don't agree to the name change you'll be labeled a racist.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm still mad that TV Land took Dukes of Hazzard off the air because of the flag. There wasn't one racist moment in the 7 years of the show. Why punish innocent fans of the show? Isn't America a place where you're only punished if you did something wrong?
I suppose the next step is to rename Washington DC because George Washington owned slaves. And if you don't agree to the name change you'll be labeled a racist.
Well Cygnus, if we don't watch out it will come to that. Be assured. And that's just the tip of the iceberg of PC Think.

·
Registered
175 Posts
You must never HIDE from history. Living in Georgia in the sixties I was witness to horrible thing's I wish to forget but hope I never do. Reminds me of the things that must never be repeated. Same for a Confederate Flag or Statue. May that flag forever fly on the historical battlefield where so many fought and died to shape our Still Great Nation. But over a State Building or school etc is not the place.

·
Registered
425 Posts
You must never HIDE from history. Living in Georgia in the sixties I was witness to horrible thing's I wish to forget but hope I never do. Reminds me of the things that must never be repeated. Same for a Confederate Flag or Statue. May that flag forever fly on the historical battlefield where so many fought and died to shape our Still Great Nation. But over a State Building or school etc is not the place.
My favorite quote is, "Don't regret you mistakes, learn from them."

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Dogonit it's to late for two of our Confederate statues in the inner city. They were brought to light during the Freddy Gray riots and they recently voted 4-3 to remove them. There constantly being vandalized so it's just as well that they are moved to a park. Plus the city is to dangerous now to visit them.

[video]http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-confederate-monuments-20160114-story.html[/video]

·
Registered
19,551 Posts
Out West we were never taught that the Confederate flag or other any other Civil War memorabilia symbolizes, glorifies, justifies,or promotes racism. Must be a regional thing. The few folks I've talked to think the current anti-conferate craze seems more like hateful anti-white racism. Who is teaching this stuff to our youth?

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Out West we were never taught that the Confederate flag or other any other Civil War memorabilia symbolizes, glorifies, justifies,or promotes racism. Must be a regional thing. The few folks I've talked to think the current anti-conferate craze seems more like hateful anti-white racism. Who is teaching this stuff to our youth?
The racism relation to the confederate flag is not something that ever was taught or occurred to me when young or until recently. It only came to light after that kid killed people in the church and was later found to have a flag.

It always represented "being a rebel" in a youthful type of way.

Who's teaching it? Hmmm one guess and I know you know the answer.. ;) It's scu* like bill ayers and the rest of the libtards regardless of color. They have almost taken over the schools. AND they FEEL entitled, who knew..

This is how far they lean left... and I believe the kid was black anyway?

Monkey.jpg

·
Registered
814 Posts
Boils down to one simple thing.......................fascism.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It wasn't a problem for a long time until they pointed and said it was a problem . I still have Rebel flags and buy them once in awhile because I don't like them telling me not to and the Rebel flag pisses them off so much,they even hate the American flag .B.T.W. I am proud of North Carolina standing up to these mixed up people who don't know what restroom to use , Bruce Springstein can suck an egg . I was proud to attend the Coca Cola 600 Memorial Day weekend and plan to go back .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts