1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Fun days! Miss them.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Got 2 squirrels before church. Sounds like me! Is that a .22 that he shot them with? I have to use a 12 gauge! Wonderful little guy!!!!!:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wow, that is a fine looking little man with some nice fox squirrels, tell him Saskquatch from Saskatchewan, said congratulations. Wish I was a little closer, I would tan those up for him.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oh yessssss, that's dandy nice shooting. Looks like he .22 cal'd 'em!

I figured he was from PA sporting that leafy-wear.

Tell 'em I said dats nice chootin'! :)

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Congratulations to the young fellow!

Now let's do it right and get him his own .22 with open sights. Those fancy scopes are acceptable for us old geezers who can't see any more. A young boy with fresh eyes and a steady hand needs to learn it the hard way. I was a bit older but dad gave me and my brother 10 bullets each when we went out and just said make every shot count. Wow do you learn a life long skill when taught from the bottom up.

GaryL

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I'd have been in hog heaven with 10 bullets in my pocket. I got 1, and if I missed we didn't get to eat any meat. I like meat, so I quickly learned two things: 1) hit what you shoot and, 2) bullet placement is critical.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Well when I was a boy if you did miss your target you had to climb the tree and cut the lead out of the bark so you could re-cast another ball:rolleyes:

Tom

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
When I was a boy Remington gave everyone that attended Annie Oakley's road show a free box of shells:eek::D

Tom

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Well when I was a boy if you did miss your target you had to climb the tree and cut the lead out of the bark so you could re-cast another ball:rolleyes:

Tom
My uncle said he had to cut out the lead, then reshape it with his teeth. Might be why he was just a little crazy. :p

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
My uncle said he had to cut out the lead, then reshape it with his teeth. Might be why he was just a little crazy. :p
Tooth marks tear up the pillow ticking, adversely affecting accuracy. You cant't reuse the powder after a miss either.:(

Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts