TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a head's up and a thanks to Boreno and others for mentioning and giving a thumbs up to the folks at Honda East Toledo...

After a week of back and forths with the sales guy, Tad, I finally gave the OK and sent the down payment on a new 2014 tw200:) ...after looking for a deal on a new 2012 or 2013 since November, I finally said "Heck with it" and ordered a 2014...why you might ask?

After finding nothing in the leftover 2013s within a 150 mile range that would go out the door for less than $4300, I contacted Honda East about a week ago....they are tossing in a Service Manual($75 list) and a rear luggage rack installed ($99 list plus labor) for less than $4500, this also includes the tax, title, doumentation fee, and plates.....the no charge on the luggage rack installed sealed the deal...now I just have to wait until it comes in...but with the weather and the forecast for the next month, that is not a problem....this old geezer don't ride in 20 degree weather anymore.....used to, but that was almost 40 years ago.

Will post photos when I pick it up!

:D

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Sweet! have fun with your new toy and take a few pics of it for us....

·
Registered
583 Posts
Good deal Hoot. A new bare bones 2014 up here in the great white north is 4700.00 before taxes (15%) and other fees.

Enjoy the ride. Spring is closer to you than it is to me.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good deal Hoot. A new bare bones 2014 up here in the great white north is 4700.00 before taxes (15%) and other fees.

Enjoy the ride. Spring is closer to you than it is to me.

Not sure Dubster...the damn 45 day forecast for the upper midwest and Great Lakes looks damn cold....8 to 12 inches of snow this Sunday into Monday and -7, as in MINUS Seven, by next Tuesday...and that is March 4th!!!! Have not seen a winter, at least continued cold weather~wise like this since I lived in Northern Wisconsin back in the late 70s....this is brutal. Hopefully by mid April I can be out on the trails .... but we will see.:icon_colors:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Not sure Dubster...the damn 45 day forecast for the upper midwest and Great Lakes looks damn cold....8 to 12 inches of snow this Sunday into Monday and -7, as in MINUS Seven, by next Tuesday...and that is March 4th!!!! Have not seen a winter, at least continued cold weather~wise like this since I lived in Northern Wisconsin back in the late 70s....this is brutal. Hopefully by mid April I can be out on the trails .... but we will see.:icon_colors:
Well Hoot you are just gonna have to do what I did last week. My wife and I packed up our luggage and flew to Cuba for a week. Lots of vitamin D and R. Just got back early this morning. Minus 20C when we got off the plane.:rolleyes: Nice break from the good old fashioned winter we have been getting up here also. Should make the wait till spring a little easier to bear.:p:)

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Congrats. While you wait for it to arrive, you can make a Santa's list of things you want to replace, upgrade, add or change. That way when you get the bike, you will be ready to completely change it.

It is a fun obsession...really.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
Congrats Hoot! Nice to hear a guy your age gets to ride a virgin again!:D Treat her kind and break her in easy.

Dealers usually know within a day or two when the units will hit their floor so he should be able to say it will be here between say the 15th-17th.

Once it arrives in your garage if this cold and nasty weather is still upon us be sure to protect yourself. A brand new bike has a tendency to make the wife pretty jealous when you can't seem to pull away from finger fiddling it. Pick the day for the maiden voyage well. If it is like here your roads might look dry and safe and the temp could be OK but there is lots of left over sand and salt and your tires being new will have considerably less traction than after they get some scuff on them. Takes a good 50 miles before the tread breaks in.

I will highly recommend that you spend around $70 right now and buy a good DID X ring chain and install it immediately. Keep the stocker for a spare that you will never need. Your sprockets will last much longer and you will spend very little time adjusting, lubricating and cleaning up the mess from chain lube all over your wheel and spokes. They are practically maintenance free.

GaryL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts