TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to pull the flywheel on my TW 200. I read on here somewhere that the rear axle is the same thread size as the flywheel. The axle threads in but how do I keep the flywheel from turning?

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Put the bike into gear.

If you are using an impact wrench, that should provide enough reisistance to break it free.

Before I got an impact wrench and was trying to use a breaker bar, I had problems with the rear wheel turning. I solved this problem by putting a length of 2x4 through the rear wheel spokes/swingarm to keep the wheel from turning.

·
Registered
19,401 Posts
+1 on impact wrench to both remove and re-install flywheel using the rear axle bolt.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Rather than pulling the rear axle to remove the flywheel, why not go to the hardware store and buy a bolt the same diameter and a lot shorter to do the same thing? It seems to me removing the rear axle is a lot of extra work.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Rather than pulling the rear axle to remove the flywheel, why not go to the hardware store and buy a bolt the same diameter and a lot shorter to do the same thing? It seems to me removing the rear axle is a lot of extra work.
+1
IIRC it's M16 x 1.5mm fine pitch and about 40~50mm long should do it
And I used one of these, only £20 (about $25) eBay item no. 201229075988, to hold the flywheel.

·
Registered
19,401 Posts
...and use the impact wrench.
You don't really need to use one, you just need a good excuse to finally buy an air compressor and start collecting some air tools.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts