TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,616 Posts
This half-hour roundtrip through Kane Creek Canyon on a 200cc Yamaha TW200 includes only motor, road, and wind noise, and is 99.44% uncut, only trimmed at the return point and one rest stop. This isn't a highlight reel, it's just a sedate ride winding through the canyon on a gravel road.

Going west out of Moab on Kane Creek Blvd, the road follows the south bank of the Colorado River and passes trailheads for Moab Rim and Pritchett Canyon 4x4 trails before the pavement runs out. The well graded gravel winds its way up Kane Creek Canyon, with eventual access to trails including Hurrah Pass, Chicken Corners, and Lockhart Basin among others.

This same ride took us across Hurrah Pass and out to the end of the Chicken Corners trail. Videos of this portion of the route have been posted above.

I admit, I watch your video at 2x speed. It made the TW seem like a sportsbike haha. I've been on that road one time on a ride to Chicken Corners and I just don't remember going through Kane Creek with water. Probably did but just don't remember. I actually thought the nasty water crossing I heard about was closer to town on the paved section where the "Dip" signs were. I learn't supp'in. One day I hope to ride Lockhart Basin and Kane Springs Trail (skipping Pritchet Canyon haha) which would land me on this road again. I'd do Chicken Corners again too someday. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Pupsocket

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
One day I hope to ride Lockhart Basin and Kane Springs Trail (skipping Pritchet Canyon haha) which would land me on this road again.
If you can load up Google Earth, look for a different Tombstone Rock on the south side of the canyon highway. You'll find that Pritchett Canyon is within a stones throw from Kane Creek Canyon.

I'll have to try the video at a faster speed. It is a long slog, not meant so much for most of us with typical short attention spans. I figured it may be of interest to those who just want to experience the smooth ride, like maybe when there's two feet of snow on the ground. It took about 5 minutes to edit, compared to just a wee bit more for the Chicken Corners vid previous...

21 - 22 of 22 Posts